Looking for info on shipping/transport and import/export (companies? documents? costs?)

Hi everyone,

I apologize if this is not the right place to ask, or if it has been asked before. I have been trying to look into the topic of shipping/transporting reptiles between countries, but I haven’t been able to find as much as I’d like. So I hoped to ask more experienced sellers and buyers here. I’m specifically interested in transport within Europe (as that is where I’m located, in the Netherlands) and partially between the EU/NL and the US. What are some reputable transport companies within the EU? And companies that transport to the US? What does a seller need to do for the transport; what kind of paperwork etc? What does the whole process typically look like from start to delivery?
I ask this partially out of interest as a buyer, and partially out of curiosity as a potential breeder and seller.

I know that transport between the US and Europe gets a little complicated and expensive, due to paperwork and just the high cost of shipping. I believe it’s mainly doable/affordable to export when transporting a larger number of animals.
I know Dutch Dragon Import is an often recommended company. Sadly I haven’t been able to get into contact with them too well.

Thank you in advance to anyone that is willing to share any info on this.

2 Likes