Looking for interesting projects :)

Hi,

I would like to start breeding geckos in some time (probably a year or a year and a half). I already have plans to breed my male RAPTOR het Blizzard with a female Total Ecplipse het Tremper. However, I am looking for other interesting genes that can be combined with my male RAPTOR.

I was thinking of trying to create Diablo Blanco or creating something similar to Koi (from Geeky Gecko Creations) that is W&Y Tremper Tangerine.

I would appreciate any suggestions on what interesting combinations can be created starting with RAPTOR het Blizzard.

Thank you in advance and have a nice day/night :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Tangerine is a line bred project so you need to start with the best you can afford to really make the best offspring.

Diablo Blanco is something you can already do as long as the blizzard you pick up is het eclipse and Tremper since it’s a recessive project.

Otherwise it’s really all up to what you want to create (which sounds like the W&Y Tang Tremper) and being aware that the leopard gecko market is very oversaturated so you may not be able to rehome all the offspring right away.

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply! My raptor has a very yellow pattern hence I’m considering this design, but I’m still thinking about it. Diablo Blanco as you say is a project that actually could work for me with a bit of luck and the right genes so I need to seriously consider it.

I am aware that there are a large number of eublefars on the market. That’s why I’m giving myself a lot of time (during this time I’ll write a website and take care of preparing online ads). In Poland there are many breeders while many of them have been doing this for many years and don’t know much about marketing. I would like to approach the subject a little differently than others do. At first, of course, start on a small scale. I know that the first young may stay with me for a long time, but I plan to move and devote an entire room to geckos.

I am considering a few different schemes, for example, breeding AFT Geckos.

Yeah I need a lot of time to think about it!

But you only live once haha!

2 Likes