Looking for some opinions

Not there yet. But I definitely understand the desire for that. This hobby started with a nine year old girls interest and has led to raising these snakes making them the most well spent time of my day. Something just feels right when I start them under 100g. Maybe it’s in my head, but I know what each one of these animals is like. How they act and what to expect. Personally I do believe they start to trust, because every one I own from the start I move around, clean change water all while they are just chowin down and they could care less. The adults I acquire are usually a bit sketchy at first. Could be the fact that I only feed my hatchlings live once then 95% shift right into F/T the second meal… maybe they just don’t have the hunt In them from the start. Sorry went off topic there a bit.

2 Likes

I definitely agree your better of getting your stock as hatchlings. It’s a longer process but one I feel is better. It also gives you time to perfect your trade if you will. You will have more experience with hatchlings which is a huge plus if you plan to get into breeding. And your correct you get to learn each snakes personality and preferences as they grow and mature. Best of luck!!!

2 Likes

Thank you sir! For all your help. Always enjoy reading your thoughts.

2 Likes

You are more than welcome. Always happy to help anyone anyway I can! I could talk about snakes all day everyday lol!

2 Likes