Looking forward to this little lad growing. Caramel Tessera Stripe

Super excited for this gorgeous little lad to grow and mature.
Meet Helsinki our Caramel Tessera Stripe het diffused, hypo & Anery.

I’ll definitely get some updated pics of him he’s grown some since here.

5 Likes

I really like this boy!

Absolute stunner :heart_eyes:

1 Like

He is lovely! He looks more like a tessera motley than a tessera stripe though!

3 Likes

I thought motley myself was sold to me as a stripe though lol doesn’t matter either way

2 Likes

Tips for differentiating motley and stripe in tessera?

1 Like

I have the hugest soft spot to stripes, and I can’t wait to see what you produce with him!

1 Like

Ohh stripes are my fave…! :relaxed: Yeah I’ve got a few nice combo ideas floating around.

1 Like

Motley tessera will look like a perfect (or nearly perfect) stripe all the way down the body, with no tessera pattern on the sides. Tessera stripe will look like a regular stripe, but with extreme vanishing pattern that doesn’t pick back up further along the body.

Not my photos, but these two snakes show what I’m talking about better than I can describe!

Tessera stripe:
20220107233819.733-LogoLicious_20210720-550x550s.jpeg

Tessera motley:

In the early days of tessera being combined with other morphs, unfortunately people thought tessera motleys were actually tessera stripes, so there is still some lingering confusion from people that didn’t follow other breeders’ test breedings that eventually showed that the perfectly striped tesseras are actually motley.

4 Likes

Oh thank you so much, that really helps! Huge comparison, his stripe is staying nice and strong as he grows too.

1 Like

My favorite looks are stripes and patternless but I can always love a beautiful pattern too lol :joy:.

1 Like

I do really like a crazy pattern like shatter :100::heart_eyes:
But of course nothing is more beautiful than what nature created in the classics.

2 Likes

How do you know!? That is my absolute favorite corn combo!

2 Likes

Mine too!

3 Likes

Count me in as a Helsinki fan, for sure. Anybody who knows me can vouch for my love of Caramel morphs as well as Stripes. It’s not confusing at all that all those perfectly stroped Tesseras are Motley, lol. How did you choose his name?

3 Likes

Simple really @caryl i loved the Netflix series - Money heist so I named a bunch of my snakes after the characters :see_no_evil::rofl:

We can all agree they’re the best (one of the best…) then @lumpy & @solarserpents :ok_hand:t3:

3 Likes

Oh goodness, “Money Heist” eh? I didn’t think of that at all. I was thinking it might relate to personal travel or connections, expectations since you’re “across the pond.”

I’ll agree that Shatters are among the most beautiful morphs. I’m afraid I can’t actually say that I think they’re Number One though. I can’t actually say that ANY morph is Number One. I love so many!

2 Likes

Me too, I’m just not super super in to corns because of their size (lack of), but I love whiteouts.

2 Likes

That’s fair, Riley. I have rarely met or heard of an animal I wasn’t interested in. I have usually had a fair assortment of critters. Corn snakes have been great for my needs, from size to disposition to variety to being native where I taught. They have been perfect for my needs. BUT. If I didn’t have the physical challenges I have, I would totally have boas! (And heaven only knows what else! :rofl:)

2 Likes