Loose snake, found again!

We’ve all been there…. Forgot to close a tub/enclosure/tank and next thing you know it’s empty.

I took apart most of the room, and couldn’t find the guy anywhere. So I just made sure to set up some hides, and figured I’d find him eventually. I set a camera up in the room to record as well. It’s been 3 days, and I heard a loud thud last night at 2 am as I was trying to sleep, didn’t think anything of it, because I was tired. The room right above my bedroom is the reptile room. Saw this in a video from my security camera last night lol

So I went this morning to check behind some tubs and managed to find him. Just wanted to share as a friendly reminder, check your tubs, lock them, shut them, whatever you need to do. We all can forget things so easily, but odds are they’ll come back or won’t go too far.

11 Likes

Whew! I had my first escape ever last corn hatchling season, and lucked out by recovering him quickly.

3 Likes

heating pad on the floor with a large hide or cardboard box covering part of it. Works for me.

2 Likes

As long as the snake room is escape proof its not a worry.
I have fly screens on the window so the window can be open without a risk

4 Likes

Congratulations! I’m so happy your snake had been recaptured. That is such a wonderful relief, I know.

3 Likes

Lol true enough, but I’ve got corns in every room except the kitchen and bathrooms. There’s no making it all escape proof.

4 Likes

Why waste the kitchin and bathroom? :rofl:

4 Likes

I was going through doing my checks on my snakes today; and figured I owed a picture of the fugitive that attempted escape lol

5 Likes

Oh wow, he/she’s pretty! what morph combo is that?

5 Likes

He’s a bamboo calico YB I produced back in 2022

4 Likes

Here’s his sister, which I admit I’m more partial too, and I love her color. She just shed and her yellows are absolutely popping. She’s a bamboo calico yb pin.

3 Likes

I thought there was Calico in there, but the bamboo looks so nice with it…

Ugh, I’m gonna need more snakes now…

5 Likes