Love my retics... Rainbow and Aurora

4 Likes

@skyrivers thanks for posting! Can you explain the first photo?

1 Like

Sure. Rainbow is part of my education program. I have permission to share the photo.

2 Likes

Rainbow is looking spectacular and Aurora is getting so big and she is still just as majestic as ever thank you ever so much for sharing and best wishes always :heart::snake::heart:

2 Likes

I wasn’t questioning the permissions. Just looked interesting. Tell us – if you want – about your education program.

1 Like

@john Everything from getting over general fear of snakes to husbandry and size of adults. Some get babies and don’t realize what it takes to care for an adult. I also do handling education. I have several species so I can show and educate about more than just one or 2. It is all about the love of the animals and doing my part to make sure people who get them as pets will have the proper knowledge to care for them for the duration of the duration of their life. I also take in rescues and rehab and rehome them. One of the boas I took in was not fed for a year. She was on deaths door when I got her. Now 6 months later she is healthy again. I have 4 species of boas, 2 species of python, and 3 species of colubrid.

One guy came to my show talking about wanting a reticulated python. After talking to him I realized he has no experience with snakes. I gave him a quick education on how he was not prepared to deal with them. Rainbow is puppy dog tame but she is full of energy when you first get her out. I handed her to him and she ran from him. He lost the battle quickly and I stepped in. He reconsidered his position of starting with reticulated pythons and now has a king snake he is learning with.

People see these big majestic animals and don’t truly understand what it take to care for them or the cost of feeding and housing them.

Rainbow will also be in TV. She was part of a recording for Out Daughtered. It is a show on TLC. The episode has not aired yet but hope will soon.

I have been studying herps and other animals my entire life. My job has nothing to do with animals but it does fund my passion.

Hope this answers your question.

2 Likes

@cmarie83 Thank you. She is amazing animal for sure. Platinum Titanium’s are bright and beautiful even as adults. When she is 20+ feet she will be just as beautiful as she is now. She is growing so quickly and is always in shed but to be expected for a 2 year old. Rainbow is only 1 year older and she is 13+ feet and 50 lbs. She loves baby rabbits, rats, chicks, quail, and anything that gets in her enclosure other than my hand. She is my most energetic feeder for sure. Love how calm she is when being handled though. She is fallowing in Rainbows footsteps nicely with training as well.

1 Like

That’s wonderful to hear can not wait to see the jaws drop when Aurora is brought out for show and tell :blush: Rainbow is a true gem as well :gem:

1 Like

@cmarie83 She is already taking her part in the show. She is doing really well. I am very lucky to have 2 great females that are good for the program.

The girl in the photo above has been handling snakes from the time she was 3. She is great and educated on them. Happy her parents have educated her so well.

2 Likes

That’s the best awesome sauce :blush:

1 Like

@cmarie83 I hope my new boy that I am paying on will be good for this as well but he is only a year old and will take some time to build his confidence up. Also I am aware of the breeding mode he will go through every year so during that time he will be kept home for sure.

No name yet. Citron Motley Sunfire Tiger male.

1 Like

He is gorgeous congratulations how about Rubeus Hagrid for a name? The gentle ga int from Harry Potter. Really looking forward to updates on that sweet face. Thank you so much for sharing and best wishes always…

1 Like

@cmarie83 I like that.

1 Like

Always good to give a name that has a positive feel and vibe to it whether it is a pet or child don’t yah think😉

1 Like

@cmarie83 I totally agree.

1 Like

Great project, thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

Some enrichment time.

1 Like