Lurker in pa!

Over watering shouldn’t be s problem of you have hydroballs at the bottom.

I’ve had a fair few plants destroyed by Cresties :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Alright, im gonna blame the cresties then. :sweat_smile: the snake plant stood up to tonic pretty well. He sleeps in it on the regular.

2 Likes

Defo need more branches in those enclosures. Not enough climbing space for them, and that would eventually cause floppy tail. Vines and that are no good, the thinner ones also aren’t great. Thicker ones are best like cork branches! Which is what we use in all ours and cork tubes too.
They need more horizontal too to prevent fts :grin:

As for biting, do you hold females then the males?
I have a few males who will… ‘leak’ on me let’s say if I do that as they’re horny buggers :joy:

1 Like

Ive got a few branch holder doohickeys coming! What kinda fake foliage is good for them if the skinny stiff isnt? Pics? Or links?

I typically hold males first, or not at all if i hold females.

1 Like

I literally use cork branches as I find them best for cresties.
Online if even in reptile shops!

I don’t use fake plants but lots of places online. I use live as my lot all have bio vivs :grin:

2 Likes

Ill look for cork branches. Ive got some bark, but not sire how well i could span it across the enclosure without making them more permenant and having to temp house them in something else. Thanks for the input!!! Do you find with more branches they dont destroy ypurnplants as much?

Yes for sure.
Though with females, if laying, they’ll dig the plants go, so I only have one plant on the bottom and climbers/creepers in the background planters when I handmade the background.

1 Like

I don’t have any lizards, but some people say me having 27 snakes is too many. I mean whats one more right :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Im in PA too. Im disabled, forced into early retirement. Im not guna lie with some corny bull that ive been into reptiles since i dropped out of my moms womb. Frankly, ive never cared about reptiles till i was 40, and had the time to take care of them. Now, so far, i got 18 ball pythons, and hopefully start breeding when they get big enough.

2 Likes

Nothing wrong with getting interested in reptiles later in life! I had anleopard frog asnankid, but after it died i wasnt allowed to get a snake or anything more than cats or dogs or horses (stepmom wasnt a huge fan of the frog to begin with).

Where abouts in pa are ya, if ya dont mind my asking.

Some small vines are fine. I make some bits out of paracord and the Cresties love it, despite it being thin.

We have 16 ball pythons, 13 Cresties & 2 king snakes :sweat_smile: is there such a thing as too many? :grin:

Never too many, 1 more wouldn’t make a difference :smirk:

2 Likes

Currently at… I don’t know… :joy:

It’s all written down…. Hang on… :thinking:

1 Like

You knownits bad when ya gotta write them all down :rofl:

1 Like

This is just the Cresties here… ^

There’s also 3 Fat tails, lots of dart frogs- Colons and Tumacs, 4 royals, a williamsi, mournings, a Hermans and a sulcata, and an Ackie… That’s reptile wise…

Also have 3 dogs… Oh and a child! :joy:

3 Likes

I use bloom brand fake plants, just make sure not to use the ones that are obviously glittery and painted, and you will be all good.

3 Likes

Wow, I just really realized how big your collection is! It is very nice lol.

2 Likes

All weights but a few are old obviously…

But yeah that’s how I keep my records of them :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Hello! Nice to meet a fellow lurker! Sometimes i post essays, other times im quiet for weeks and just read, but im sure we will see eachother around haha

2 Likes

Welcome to the community! Glad you arent lurking anymore and showing off your awesome collection! Your cat is also a cutie :3

3 Likes