Macklots Pythons

That’s great! Thanks so much for posting the vid!!!

1 Like

I was just stopping by to see if there were any hatching pics. : )

2 Likes

I will bump this because I want to see if there any babies :grin:

2 Likes

Sorry. The season has been busy. The female cam off the eggs about 5 weeks into incubation and we realized only 4 eggs were fertile.

They’ve all been feeding great and have already had their second sheds. I’ll get some new pics this week.

5 Likes

They are beautiful @osbornereptiles

1 Like

7 Likes

These guys are awesome! Love them super nice!

3 Likes

Every time @osbornereptiles posts I feel like I say maybe in the future lol

2 Likes

Thanks! It’s difficult to get good pics of these because they are the most defensive species I’ve worked with next to Sri Lanka pythons. I’d still probably put Macklots at the top. The best thing though is once they hit 4-5’ they just turn off the defensive switch and calm down overnight. Thanks for all of the kind words. I’ll attempt better pics.lol

3 Likes

I love them, so maybe one day :heart:

1 Like

I thought about working with macklot’s pythons, but if I were to work with any larger species of snake, it would probably be coastal carpets or blackhead pythons. Not to say macklots are completely off my list though, I’m definitely still interested.

I mean, I know they aren’t giant, but they’re pretty big when it comes to what’s legal in my state.

Glad you got some cuties! Like with so many species, once they get to be about the size to take small rats, they really calm down.
I was hoping to hear how the maternal incubation had gone. Thanks for the update.

2 Likes

I have never heard of this species but they look gorgeous!

1 Like