Macklots Pythons

Cuddles…

Nice ovulation this week.its been 25 years since I’ve bred this species.

26 Likes

Very nice…Another one I got on my want list.

3 Likes

@osbornereptiles congratulations that’s awesome! I love macklots and savu pythons don’t see a lot of them these days! Keep us posted I would personally love to see there offspring!

5 Likes

Dude, these are awesome! :fire:

1 Like

Thanks everyone. It’s hard to tell from the pic but that girl is around 7-8’ and had a huge ovy. I had Savus a few years ago and wish now I had never sold them. I’ve only seen one breeder working with them…but I haven’t really searched either. It’s going to be nice if we see fertile eggs and better if we see babies in a few months.

4 Likes

I would love to have a macklot one day soon. They are just so different and they get big LOL

2 Likes

They do get big but not unmanageable. Once they get past the defensive stage they’re super calm but watch out during feeding.lol

3 Likes

That is what I have heard, so maybe soon :laughing:

1 Like

Very nice! Congratulations on the breeding! Fingers crossed for a big healthy clutch!

4 Likes

Wow man you have some seriously nice snakes besides your balls( which are insane alone). Congrats on the breeding projects man.

1 Like

Nice to see someone else working with Macks. Liasis are great! Best wishes!

3 Likes

They really are such beautiful snakes

2 Likes

Thanks! They’ve been a favorite of mine for 25 years. I’m excited to see them productive.

So this began on May 7th.

I’m letting momma do the work so we should see some babies around 7/4.

6 Likes

Can you tell how the eggs are doing with her? It’s been my understanding that Liasis don’t shiver like some other pythons, but rather just brood their eggs. How do you have her set-up temps, etc ?

She’s been actively shivering since about 2 days before laying. Ambient room temps are 84-85 with 60-85% humidity depending on the weather and other factors. She kicked out the 3 infertile eggs I saw while she was laying. She’s been in a nice beehive from day one and seems to be doing great so far.

2 Likes

Very interesting! I’ve known people that tried to let their Olives and Waters incubate and weren’t successful. Please keep us updated.

1 Like

I’ll try to get some video. She seems to be doing a great job so far.

2 Likes

I love this. Liasis are so under represented in the hobby these days.

3 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPGMcMTswZl/?utm_medium=copy_link

Sorry for the link. I wasn’t sure how to post a video clip here. Here’s momma doing her thing…and dad taking a nap.

1 Like