So, a question popped up in my head.
I understand that banana/coral glows are a sex-linked mutation, and that:
- Male maker male bananas will produce mostly male bananas
- Female maker male bananas will produce mostly female bananas
- Sometimes a “crossover event” can happen, and a female is then produced from a male maker and vice versa (though this is a fairly rare occurrence)
- Male bananas produced from a female banana will be female makers
- Females produce a 50/50 ratio of male and female bananas since the banana is on the X chromosome
So, my question was regarding a super banana.
Would a super banana male be a male maker or a female maker?
I feel like since they would be neither or both, and since they have banana on both the X and Y chromosomes, they would pass on banana just like a female would, and have a 50/50 sex ratio of banana offspring.
It might be a stupid question and have an obvious answer, but I didn’t immediately find anything about super bananas in particular through a Google search so I thought I’d start a thread on it.