Mas Sneks for max babies!

We got our third Hognose today. She is a, ready for it? Attic Shadow Conda DH Extreme Red and Albino. Her name is Isabella and her and Ziggy are the key to my first project. I’m hoping to get an extreme red, conda shadow arctic. I’d like to get all the way to super arctic and sable down the road as well. They will also produce a variety of super condas and albinos. So they should give me a great base when they get going. It’s going to be a couple years still. Here are pics as always unboxing videos to follow. Probably early next week.

5 Likes

This is a little late. You would think a guy who works in IT would have no trouble moving a video from his phone to his computer. You’d be wrong. :joy:. Better late then never!

2 Likes
2 Likes

I can see why you want to quit your job :rofl::joy:
In all seriousness though she is gorgeous! You got an amazing hognose and she got an awesome owner! It is a win for both of you!

2 Likes

Also what is the shadow gene? It sounds interesting but I haven’t heard of it before

2 Likes

It’s really hard to see in the video. It does two thing primary it darkens the spots. Which is hard to see here because Arctic does the same. And I’d you look closer on the edges of Isabella’s spot in the clouds up you can see a shade effect along the edge. It’s a lighter color “blush” like that created a shadow effects on the markings

1 Like

I see it now. It is a really cool morph. Subtle but adds a very nice affect

1 Like

That’s what I thought. In the last few months I’ve been closely following the marker I’ve only seen one breeder (Fox Science) with it. I like the way it adds a bit of a 3d effect to the pattern. I’m glad to have it. It’s going to be part of my extreme red line

1 Like

So is shadow a dominant?
I am definitely going to be a future customer of your extreme red project. Now all I need is to save up a couple thousand bucks and a little patience :rofl:

1 Like

Yes it’s dominate.

And thank you I appreciate it. I might have a few animals that are more expensive but my goal with hognoses is to focus on the $500 - $1,000 range. So you shouldn’t have to save an insane amour.