Masque or Masquerade?

Here’s my baby Butter corn. Her name is Noodle. (Get it? Buttered noodles? :rofl:)

I noticed while playing with her today that she has a split belly checked pattern.

Anyone know if she is masque?

6 Likes

Definitely masque! Pretty girl!

5 Likes

Your knowledge is appreciated as always. :grin:

Just looked on card. Breeder has poss diffused on card.

Is diffused close to the same as masque?

5 Likes

Diffused and masque are somewhat related/connected. You can have masque on its own (or combined with any other morph), but diffused is almost always also masque. However, your snake being visually masque does not guarantee that she’s het diffused. Diffused also eliminates the belly checkers entirely and smears up the side pattern.

There are more in depth descriptions of the base mutations in the morphpedia if you want to read more!

4 Likes

Thank you, my friend. :pray:

5 Likes

You’re welcome!

5 Likes

Cute little Butter Masque! I’m a big fan of Butter morphs. Masque affects the headstamp to varying degrees, but the split belly checkers are always a dead giveaway.

5 Likes

So good to know!

I have been doing a lot of corn gene research, so when I accidentally saw the belly pattern- I thought it may have been that. But being a newbie, I wanted verification.

Thank you. :blush:

3 Likes

Now you could could also have named her “Butter Pop” as in :popcorn: Buttered Popcorn :joy:.

Ok so I am the “corny” one around here! :joy:. Just ask @caryl! :rofl:

She is certainly very lovely @guppyguy! These people around here certainly know their stuff don’t they? I learn something nearly every day! :eyes:

4 Likes

Butter Popcorn! I love it! :rofl:

I’ll have to remember that for butter babies!

4 Likes

Agreed. Not the only corny one, though. Take me, for example. Still charmed by my corn snakes after all these years, still excited about future projects, spending a ridiculous amount of time playing with corn snakes. I’m corn-y for sure! :rofl: :joy:

5 Likes

Amen sister! That you are!!! :heart:

4 Likes

We’ll keep that humor coming!

Sometimes it is the only thing to make a difference in a potentially bad day! :sunglasses::+1:

3 Likes