“Mean snakes”

Those of you that have been in the game awhile, any truth to linkage between less docile BPs and being better feeders, better breeders etc? Or is it really a crapshoot between personality and feeding/breeding?

Can’t speak for BP since I only have one (a sweetie who never misses a meal). But in my experiences with Colubrids I find no correlation between attitude problems and eating. I think it’s all just a crap shoot. You get what you get.

It really is a crapshoot. I’ve had 100+ Balls over the years and I’ve had ones with bad attitudes that were great eaters, and some that were mediocre eaters. Same with placid animals and everything in between.

1 Like

Margo slams down food without any issues, and will gladly take seconds if available. Margo is on point every time when striking (I wonder where she got all that practice from :roll_eyes:).

However Penny has never once missed a meal and he is the complete opposite of Margo.

3 Likes

Named after The Magicians characters?

2 Likes

Its completely random and it is very much indeed a crapshoot. My best feeder is puppy dog tame but when it comes to feeding her I need to watch out. Shes a absolute beast with food and one of my more aggressive bp’s is my leopard clown Male and hes a problem eater, sometimes he prefers live, sometimes f/t ect. So it’s really a lottery and no real link to anything I have seen

2 Likes

Yes, oh my god. You’re like the only one to get that reference.

1 Like

My mean snake (scrappy) always eats every time hes offered im hoping his weird pattern proves genetic

4 Likes