Mike from Morningstar Reptiles

I’m Mike, my future wife and I have been breeding/keeping ball pythons for a few years now and we’ve decided to dip our toes in the reptile business. All of our reptiles are pets first then breeders. We grow all of our own rats/mealworms/superworms so we know exactly what the animals are eating. Follow us if you’d like to and we will definitely follow you back! If you would like to reply let us know how you got started and your favorite reptiles are!!

We currently have 9 Leopard Geckos, 1 chili pepper anole (Listed on here), 6 ball pythons, a red beaked snake, 3 African Emrald tree snakes, and a Caiman.

Drop your links: I’ll add more links later.

MorphMarket Store:
Facebook: Redirecting...
Instagram:
Youtube:

4 Likes

Welcome to the community! Sounds and looks like you have a nice assortment of animals. What are your breeding goals?

3 Likes

Currently just breeding pythons and geckos. I’m really into the clown gene. Love the looks of them. I have Clown geckos and het clown snakes, one is gravid right now I’m hoping to produce visuals what about you?

2 Likes

I’m a corn snake gal. I’ve been in the hobby since 2008, was pretty active in the early 2010s, had a disabling injury and had to scale way back. I’m happy to be breeding again. Current projects involve Stripes, Cubes, Diffused, Strawberry, Red Factor, Caramel, Peach and Lavender. That sounds like a pretty wide array, but several things are combined. I’m expecting 5 clutches this year. Very excited to be working toward new things!

3 Likes

Welcome! You have some lovely animals there :heart_eyes:

I breed Cresties mainly, lot of them, but we also have fat tails- 2 amel striped and a whiteout Oreo striped, dart frogs (colons and tumacs) and I own 7 royals, soon to be 9. Lots of clown stuff in there :sweat_smile:
We also have an Ackie monitors, a pair of gargoyles, a Herman’s tortoise and a sulcata, williamsi, mournings, dogs and koi/sturgeon. Oh and isopods because they’re fun too haha.

3 Likes

Nice I’m looking to get into corns as well. I actually want to open a real store front which I’m trying to build to. Dealing with exotics and reptiles. I’m still learning about other species so it’s a work in progress. I’ve been also looking into getting a herpetology degree but with working 5 13+ hour days and kids on the weekend it’s difficult.

3 Likes

Oh nice!! Sounds like you have a great collection too!! Any pictures?

I just received these guys yesterday.

4 Likes

That’s so cool! I adore Opheodrys! Used to catch those guys in the pasture growing up. They would twine through my fingers, never seemed the least bit aggressive. I took one home for show and tell in fourth grade. My mom had an actual phobia about snakes. He was flicking his tongue curiously. Mom was sure the snake (whom I named Leonard) was STRIKING!! STRIKING!! :upside_down_face: So after his visit to school, Leonard went back out to pasture. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

And that’s seriously cool! We need more places where people can literally go to learn and see reptiles and other exotics. You’re definitely busy. I hope it all works out just as you dream.

3 Likes

lol ya we get a lot of people bringing kids over to view our collection. I take all the safety precautions for both my animals and the kids. I try to educate the parents mostly as the kids aren’t really ever scared of them. The parents are the worst lol.

2 Likes