Misters for a crested gecko enclosure

I am trying to decide on an automatic mister for my crested gecko. I want to have something in place for when we need to go on vacation. Anyone have recommendations?

1 Like

We use this one on a few of our enclosures. It works very well, has a timer, and you supply the water container. Our’s use a 2 gallon water bottle.

MRREPTILE Automatic Mister for… https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0953BK5KF?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

1 Like

We use mist kings!
Amazing misters :grin:

1 Like

That is what I have heard from others with auto misters. Mistking also is really a beautiful and sleek looking system, imo.

2 Likes

It’s amazing and runs on multiple vivs also!

2 Likes

Wow! That is reasonably priced :smile:

2 Likes

Thank you… I appreciate the feedback!

2 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

I am fairly new to the reptile world, as my son was the big push on this. We have been hand misting with city water and reptisafe. For a mister should we get some distilled water or what is the best process?

It’s usually a bad idea to mist with distilled / RO water since it removes all of the minerals that the gecko needs. What you’re doing right now is great. I’m not super familiar with misters so I don’t know if they need soft water or not.

2 Likes

Thanks, I did notice that the reptisafe says it adds calcium. Wasn’t sure how people handle the water for the misters.

2 Likes

Hey David,

I’m looking into getting a misting system for 1-2 enclosures. How’s this one holding up? Would you still recommend?

1 Like

Its been ok. Not really that good. I have replaced them and I’m moving to foggers. Had problems with them over spraying and making the soil saturated.

2 Likes