Mock Vipers [p. Pulverulentus]

[Psammodynastes pulverulentus]

From what I can tell their care seems similar to Malagasy cat eyed snakes [ Madagascarophis colubrinus], something I already own.
They don’t seem too widely available though probably due to them having to eat amphibians and lizards. Curious to know if anyone knows of captive breeding projects?

How do I go about finding someone?

Actually not in this case while we do not allow ISO that get very detailed and specific and will not recommend a breeder over another if we are talking about a common species on MM, we do make exceptions for hard to find species and hard to find species in specific geographical area.

Obviously this is not a species easily found and or on MM and therefore this is on of those exceptions.

1 Like

Awesome, cause I’ve been struggling lmao
I imagine captive bred wont be an option, which makes me a little curious to possibly attempt it. I was going to with some P. Schokari but my female decided she was hungry instead. I think her feeding responses are a little too good

I’ve decided to stick with Ivory Exotics. They seem very knowledgeable about the species (but i don’t really have much to base that off lmao).
Their care is extremely similar to malagasy cat eyed snakes since they come from such variety of places.
Mid 70s with a warm spot in the mid 80s.
Overall humidity of 60%, I’m also going to offer humidity hides.
They eat lizards, frogs, and apparently some have taken fish.
I’m planning on getting 2 within the next few months, I’ll try to remember to update on here how it goes.
I’d like to document their captive care since it really is nonexistent atm.

1 Like

If you got them, hope the pair is doing well.

I could of sworn I read they were hard to keep alive somewhere but not sure. I hope you have awesome luck…These guys are very cool looking.

1 Like

I have owned a pair for 2 years. As of this morning I have 5 babies.
My male eats live pinkies without issues. The female retaliates and sticks with Anoles and Geckos.

~Muraki

I won’t be selling the adults as feisty as they are. They were originally imported by DM exotics and I purchased them from the original buyer on Fuana Classifieds. But figured I would chime in to let those interested know that it is possible to get them interested in eating pinkies. I kept the pair apart all of 2020 then kept them together all year (2021) with success.

I will most likely be selling a few babies next year once I get them to successfully eat a few meals.

6 Likes

Sounds cool maybe I’ll get hold of one of your babes next year. Forgot I’m not supposed to mention buying anything from someone on forums…My apologies mods.

1 Like

@teddywilson

Did you ever manage to get a pair?