Modern temperature monitoring?

Does anyone know of a good way to monitor the temperature of multiple spots in your facility, from your phone, even when you are away? I’ve tried a lot of products so far and still haven’t found what I am looking for.

I recently found one that gives me a decent historical view of multiple spots on my phone, but only reports data to my phone when I am in the facility. Another thing I have done is buy one of the home displays with multiple wireless sensors and make sure an internet connected security cam is pointing at it so I can visually check in on it. Neither of these are ideal and we should have more tech like this by now!

I’d love to have historical data and configurable alerts that are available when away. It seems like this would be a useful thing to way more hobbies than just reptiles, yet surprisingly I can’t find a good commercial solution yet. Anyone know of one?

I have a DIY solution. I used an arduino and some DHT22 sensors to make a room monitor. I don’t have it set up for remote monitoring but I could add some code to it that would push readings to a website.

1 Like

This may be one that you’ve already tried, but I’ve been using Sensorpush for a year and am very happy with it. You purchase the gateway for $99, then add as many sensors as you want for $50 each. True historical data, excellent accuracy with the sensors, configurable alerts, and I have yet to lose a sensor to humidity or damage. I also receive alerts while I’m away from the house. I keep a sensor in each rack (buried in Reptichip) and one sensor for the room itself. I’d recommend this product all day long. ~Jason

2 Likes

I haven’t tried that one but will now! Thanks for the recommendation.

Second Sensorpush. I’ve had a couple different systems, and never been entirely happy…but SP is simple to setup and reliable.

2 Likes

Reporting back that Sensorpush with the gateway is exactly what I was looking for. A little pricy if you are wanting to get a lot of them but worth the peace of mind and incredibly easy to setup. Thanks @abesreptiles and @otbp !

1 Like

Glad you like it. I did just lose a 1.5 year old sensor though (it stopped sending data). Emailed Sensorpush to see about getting a replacement. No questions asked and they sent me a replacement sensor free of charge the next day. I was thrilled with the customer service.

1 Like

Sensorpush here. Peace of mind. We have several of them.