More baby Cresties!

Got home too 2 more!
From Kaneki and Crackers :blush::heart:
First clutch hatched from these 2 so cannot wait to see how they progress! Especially that little Tri pin!:star_struck:

4 Likes

They look so pretty :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Couldn’t be happier! Especially that the little tri has white like that already, spit of mum! :grin:
But big head like dad!

3 Likes

For sure going to be some hard decisions this year…
Bad side to breeding for sure :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I don’t know how you do it, nor do I know how I will ever make that decision :grimacing:

It takes months to grow them up and choose, and even then it’s hard. I finally let go of Clementine as I didn’t have the right Male for her. She is a massive 11 month old and already laying, but I ended up keeping her younger sister back instead. This is the first year where we’ve had a lot of females laying! Last year we only had 2 males breeding and 2/3 females, This year 8 males and 11/12 females. So it’s a lot more and even harder. All I know is what I’d like outcome wise out of the pairings but then we get surprises like above and then it all changes. Hoping the tri is a female but knowing my luck will be a male :joy: Though been really female heavy so far so we shall see when I first check pores (5g). :crossed_fingers:t2:

1 Like

Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers: but it’s just typical, that’s the only problem with breeding Cresties, you don’t know what sex they are straight away, just seems to be a waiting game for everything :triumph::grin:

1 Like

Oh I know,
Not like Leo’s or fat tails where you can incubate to try determine sex.
All part of the fun though I think! :thinking:
Big Mama has only produced 3/4 males in her 4 years of laying so wondering when that will change :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Month update. They will not fire up and I’ve been trying for 40 mins now! But they’re cute either way :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Typical Cresties :joy:

Very cute :relaxed:

1 Like

Oh I know. Even the tub with water didn’t work! :woman_facepalming:t2::roll_eyes:

3 Likes

They are so cute :grin:

2 Likes

They are precious!!

2 Likes