Morph ID help: Just a normal? (1 photo)

Hey folks, this is my 4 month old ball python Nessie. I got her from a Petco (not wise, I know) and she was sold to me as a normal/wild type. However, she curiously doesn’t look like many normal babies I’ve seen. I’m not a beginner to keeping snakes but I definitely don’t know much at all about morphs and genetics. I only have one “good” picture of her right now, she’s younger in this photo, so I want to give some more information.

She doesn’t have a dorsal stripe at all, her belly is checkered, she is only brown and black (no orange or yellow), and she has blushing on top of her head. The lighting in the picture is natural. She also has split color eyes but I don’t know if that’s related to morph at all.

I’m not planning on breeding her so I just want to know if she has any visual morphs. The only one I was able to parse was Leopard (possibly yellowbelly?) and even then I’m not sure. Any help is much appreciated, thank you so much!

2 Likes

She’s a leopard! I don’t see anything else. :slight_smile:

If by “split color” you mean that the upper part of the eye is a slightly different color than the bottom part of the eye, then yes, that’s normal. The coloring of the eye where the eye stripe goes across it is often different from the rest (generally lower) part of the eye.

5 Likes

I agree on leopard. Cute little one too!
Error in your favor.

5 Likes

Agreed, Leopard, they are really nice looking imo.

4 Likes

Nice little pick up! Especially from a big box store! :wink:

3 Likes