Morph ID help!

Bought this girl last night. Was being sold as a Orange Dream Pastel. I don’t see it. I would like to know what morph she is actually considered. I can get better pictures tonight!

20200201_161814

1 Like

2nd photo looks like orange dream pastel. The scales along the spine look weird? Stuck shed or scars?

2 Likes

Reduced markings in alien heads, with quite a few being completely blank (OD) and heavy blushing along the lower sides and a bright pale yellow fade (Pastel).

I’d say that is spot on.
Clearer pictures would help a lot :+1:

1 Like

Interesting, thank you! When I looked up what a OD pastel looks like she looked nothing like them. But what you said makes perfect sense.

1 Like

They dont feel like stuck shed. So they could be scars :grimacing: How would they get scars like that?

Could be that the scales are slightly messed up from having stuck shed at some point in the past.

2 Likes

There can be massive variations in any morph. She absolutely stunning either way :grin:

2 Likes

Could also be scars of rat bites along the spine. I think it looks like scars and I’ve seen rats go for the spine a lot, but that’s just what I see.

1 Like

She looks like an OD pastel to me. Chances are you were seeing baby pictures of the morph, since they dull in color with age. Also, if you just got her, putting her anywhere near your other snakes is unwise. Let alone with your other snake. You need to quarantine her to make sure she can’t get them sick.

1 Like

I completely agree! None of these pictures are mine. Shes my only snake and will only be housed alone :slight_smile: I don’t know why they had her next to that other snake.