Morph Market Cell Phone App Photos [4626]

I’ve noticed that on the cell phone app scrolling through photos on the ads that they are very blurry. Has anyone else noticed this change and also that the photos sizes have changed?

5 Likes

Please can you provide some screeshots of what your seeing?

We have just changed the aspect ratio… :no_mouth:

3 Likes

What is the aspect ratio supposed to be?

3 Likes

I have noticed that the aspect ratio(size) has changed when a picture is selected, it’s not blurry or anything. I have not noticed any blurring when scrolling through a morph category or a individual animals multiple pics? Is this a Wi-Fi or phone setting issue?

4 Likes

I’ve noticed. I don’t know if I would call “very” blurry, but there is noticeable blurriness. It isn’t just ads, though. It applies to pictures in threads, too. It’s not horrible, but it’s not great either.

These are from my ads. Hope that’s okay. I didn’t want to use anybody else’s pics without permission. First pic in each pair is just the ad. Second pic in each pair is after clicking on the picture in the ad. This stays clear and can be blown up, staying clear.

2 Likes

I’ve noticed. I don’t know if I would call “very” blurry, but there is noticeable blurriness. It isn’t just ads, though. It applies to pictures in threads, too. It’s not horrible, but it’s not great either.

These are from my ads. Hope that’s okay. I didn’t want to use anybody else’s pics without permission. Second pic in each pair is just the ad. First pic in each pair is after clicking on the picture in the ad. This stays clear and can be blown up, staying clear.

Uploading: Screenshot_20230328_185738_MorphMarket.jpg…

1 Like

Well, oops. Here’s the “clicked” picture of the second ad.

2 Likes

We have updated to a 4:3 aspect ratio… :thinking:

I’ll throw this over to the design team!

1 Like

Are you refering to here on the forum with this line Caryl?

1 Like

Not seeing blurry images but the images are now cropped unless you click the image for an expanded view. This is also true on desktop.

3 Likes

In my opinion, the old aspect ratio was way better. Now all my images look cut off and all have to be redone to fit the new ratio. While scrolling through other ads everyone’s images look cut off as well. Suggesting the aspect ratio be reviewed.

4 Likes

Yes this is exactly as I see it too. @reddot_reptiles
I don’t mind the new aspect ratio, a lot of pics are cut off slightly in the preview, but the expanded view is perfect.

2 Likes

For me, it’s not simply that the images are cropped. There’s a difference in clarity. It’s not horrendous, but it’s present. When I look at the snake in this pair of images, there is definitely cleaner resolution once I’ve clicked on the picture. It’s not a huge problem, but since @evolverreptiles asked if anyone else has noticed this, I’m just saying “yes.”

Yes, I am. I see the same difference in photos in other threads elsewhere within the Community forums. Again, more of a minor blip than a huge problem, but it’s there for me. If it’s any help, my phone is a Galaxy A715G.

5 Likes

Not 100% sure but I am think the image quality has always been better on the expended view. The thumbnail photo is intentionally a poorer resolution. Hasn’t it always been this way? Maybe I’m misremembering…

4 Likes

Are you other guys using iOS devices?

Also, is this just on the actual ads page… or the search results page also that looks blurry?

This is odd as the community and marketplace are running independently … have you changed any display settings on your phone recently?

4 Likes

I’ve noticed a difference in photo quality in threads as well; but I assumed it had to do with compressing the file size or something. When you click on a photo to see the full screen version it always looks much better. I’m using an iOS device and this is something I’ve experienced for as long as I’ve been here.

3 Likes

Personally, when I upload pictures I try to use large files as they appear to get some compression on the site. But if we are taking about the OTM photos, I take screenshots of each so I crash the whole when uploading sometimes +30 photos at once.

4 Likes

The search results page also appears blurry for me. It’s not a terrible horrible deal, but it is there. More like a minor annoyance that I usually don’t think about.

I don’t know about the whys and wherefores. Sorry, I no speakum computer.

No, haven’t changed a thing. Unless someone changed something within my network unbeknownst to me. I haven’t noticed a change on other sites.

3 Likes