Morph pairings for female pastel yellow belly

What morph/morphs should I pair my female pastel yellow belly with?

2 Likes

Is this your first time breeding?
As a heads up, the market is already super saturated on ball pythons, and while yellowbelly is still fairly popular it’s also very common. Pastel is probably one of the most common. So the offspring may be difficult to rehome. Also consider possible vet care for the female or the offspring if needed. Make sure you know a good vet nearby in case of an emergency like eggbinding or the possibility of needing to euthanize a hatchling.

The best advice as far as pairing suggestions goes… Is based around what are you interested in? Have you checked yb pastel combos on the sales side? Is there one that pops out at you?
Freeway and highway are fairly popular allelic YB combos. Orange Dream and/or fire YB combos are typically colorful little ones.
But the better choice may be to consider a visual recessive gene like pied or clown to be sure that the offspring are guaranteed to have at least one gene even if they look like a normal type.

7 Likes

I will be keeping the babies for myself and I have a reliable vet

1 Like

Connie,
It all depends on what you like. Do you like bright animals? Do you like dark animals? Do you like white animals? A fun exercise may be to go to see what is for sale on the BP page. Plug in Yellowbelly and Pastel as genes that must be present but don’t exclude any others, unless you know you do not want to work with a specific gene. Then look at everything that comes up with those genes in them. From there, if you see something you love, you should be able to figure out what genes you would need to pair to your girl, to achieve the desired results. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. In this case, the beholder should be you. We can’t tell you what you’ll like best or what is best. Follow your eye.

3 Likes

Hi and welcome to the community :slight_smile:
I would do what @armiyana and @graysnake suggest. Decide what you like.
Personally I like bright or even white snakes so would go for another yellowbelly to make a white snake or even a banana. But thats just my preference. whats yours?

2 Likes

Hello, welcome to the forum! I agree with everyone in saying to pick what you really like as far as the offspring product. For example, I absolutely love the look of Pastel/Super Pastel Freeways so for the male I would choose a Super Pastel Super Asphalt or a Pastel Super Asphalt. But again, it’s up to you to decide what look you’re going for. Good luck with whatever you choose!

2 Likes

Honestly, yellowbelly looks pretty good with a lot of things. You could go for firefly yellowbellies, I just got a special and would love to mix yellowbelly into it as they look great. Really whatever you like, just look up some combos. But about what the other guy said, he’s right so don’t expect to sell fast. Another combo I think could look cool is a super pastel yellowbelly. Or a super pastel fire yellowbelly. They should be very light colored snakes with some nice red flaring on their sides. Spotnose probably goes well with it. Mojave for some pastaves. Really whatever you look like, can’t really go wrong. Pastel and yellowbelly are some of the all time most popular for good reason.

1 Like