Morph question

Male I’m thinking of buying, the seller says he’s just an amel. What do you guys think? Doesn’t look like any amel I’ve seen.

4 Likes

Just from that one picture, it’s hard to tell exactly. Amel is definitely one of the genes! Looks like it may be diffused as well (so a fire), but I would need belly pics before being sure.

5 Likes

Alright, I’m picking him up tomorrow afternoon and can get belly pics then. Thank you as always for being so helpful.

4 Likes

Cool, looking forward to seeing some more pics. He looks like a pretty snake from this photo, anyway!

3 Likes

I just picked him (and 6 other corn snakes) :sweat_smile: up yesterday and he is deep in shed at the moment, but his belly definitely looks wacky from what I can tell as of now, his belly reminds me of my diffused males belly but with a lot more of the color “bleeding in” from the sides. (doesn’t seem to be checkers) Would you want me to wait till he sheds to show you a picture of his belly or just wait?

2 Likes

Maybe just wait so he doesn’t have to get extra stressed.

3 Likes

Good point, I will just wait and post a picture of him after he sheds.

3 Likes

Definitely sounds like he’s got a gene for suffusion. It’s one of those traits which is part of the old-school bloodred morph. Some of them have their bellies virtually covered with base color. Pretty boy! What are the others?

3 Likes

A female motley sub-adult, a male motley stripe sub-adult, a female Adult coral snow, the Amel in the picture (male) juvenile/sub-adult, a butter (het) sunkissed, motley sub-adult, and another Mystery Amel Adult male, who has very high red saddles and a crazy looking belly and a sub-adult Amel motley female. Someone was desperate to get rid of them due to no space for them after selling the rack they were in and I got all of them for $250 and they are all (from what I can tell healthy and happy) talk about a deal I couldn’t pass up. I will post pictures of all of them soon including the other “mystery amel” to see if we can figure out what he is.

5 Likes

Wow, good deal! Can’t wait to see the rest of them.

3 Likes

I absolutely second that!

2 Likes

First pictures are of the other amel I don’t know what is, then I posted the others I got as well, enjoy😁.

5 Likes

Ooh, nice! Those are some great looking animals. That first amel looks like it’s probably a red factor amel. (Also a bit chubby!)

4 Likes

Yeah, I noticed that when I got him and am going to put him on a bit of a diet, lol :joy:.

3 Likes

That snake is sorta chubby. It looks like a sausage :joy:

4 Likes

Those are some beautiful corn snakes though! Looks like you will have a nice breeding project later on?

4 Likes

Yep, just adding to the breeding group. I have 4 females Im pairing up this year but these guys will definitely up next years season and hoping for some good clutches this year :hand_with_index_finger_and_thumb_crossed:

3 Likes

Nice! Keep us updated when you pair them up and with baby pictures! Would love to see what comes out of those morphs.

4 Likes

Oh, and by the way, I just took my corn snakes out of brumation on February 16th after having them in brumation since December 8th. When should I expect the female’s post-brumation sheds?

2 Likes

Since I don’t brumate, I’m not sure! I would imagine probably within a month?

4 Likes