Morph Questions Before Show

Hey everyone! So ive narrowed down the 11 that I am keeping and 9 that I will be bringing to Repticon this weekend. Just wanted to get everyones final thoughts on the last few to see if they have anything other than dalmatian. @autumngeckos @foxreptile @ghoulishcresties @logar

2 Likes

Brindle, portholes, tiger/brindle, tiger/brindled, brindle

My guess are probably wrong lol

3 Likes

@logar to me everything is dalmatian :joy::joy:

3 Likes

I see brindle in all apart from 2 (I can’t tell in that pic)

4 & 5 look like super Dals

2, 3, 4 and maybe 5 look like ink spot also

3 Likes

All have tiger :grin:

Some have portholes (the yellow or white dots on sides)

:heart_eyes:

3 Likes

What is the difference between tiger and brindle? It all looks alike to me haha

3 Likes

From what I understand tiger is the horizontal stripes on the back. Brindle is the pattern you see on the whole gecko.

@ghoulishcresties can probably do a really good job at correcting me on this lol

3 Likes

Tiger are more definitive lines, brindle are more sporadic lines

3 Likes

All phantom super dalmatians id say, some might consider some of them simply dalmatians but the definition of dal vs super dal is relatively arbitrary :sweat_smile: All have visual tigering, but since it doesn’t extend down the laterals i wouldn’t call them tigers. The way ive understood tiger vs brindle is that it basically has to do with how strong the pinstriping is vs the tigering. Tigering is fixed, meaning all geckos carry it, and it affects how the pattern shows. Strong tiger influence = vertical pattern = bands/pattern that stretches over the dorsal and down the laterals, vertically. Stronger pinstriping = horisontal pattern = pattern between laterals and dorsal is seperated, and pattern is more horisontal. What are typically considered “tigers”, are animals with strong tigering both with and without visual tigering, brindles are typically the ones with visual tigering that are inbetween (non-phantoms with visual tigering are sometimes called brindlequins), and a stronger pinning with visual tigering typically results in reverse pinstriping. Source: Foundation Genetics pt 2 :blush:

3 Likes

Tiger markings go more across and over in straight lines.

Brindle mall all over the place!

All of your have lines going across dorsal :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Wow thank all of you soooo much! I love being part of a family like this. I cant wait to one day have as much knowledge as you all and be able to help others like you do. I plan to do lots of walking around at the show to see what others have and how they list them.

3 Likes

I think I find indentation of cresties is more fun than for any other animal! Once you get the hang of it it comes like second nature. It does take some time but I can guarantee that in a couple of months you will be the one helping others! It is great to have you around!

3 Likes

Yeah @logar Logan! One of these days I might even be able to identify a Mojave pastel crestie! :joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

3 Likes

:rofl:
One day. One day in the far, far future :joy:

3 Likes

Yeah @logar Logan! In a galaxy far far away………:rofl::joy::rofl:

3 Likes

First show was alot of fun! Sold 4 geckos, and also traded two younger geckos for a RTB male and RTB female. Meet Pongo and Perdita :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Well @101_geckos congratulations on your first “solo flight”! You made a few sales and a couple of trades! Those little guys are so cute! :blush:

1 Like

Thank you :blush:

1 Like

Congrats :tada:
Perdita is gorgeous :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

You named them the same as mine :joy:

I don’t have pongo now though.

He’s got some real sunken eyes so get some water in him :blush:

1 Like