Morph Timeline

Does anybody know of or be willing to help work on a morph timeline, starting with the normal all the way up until now, depicting when they were discovered?

Would this even be possible or would it just end up a web of mess?

1 Like

@eagleboas I think you’d end up with a web of a mess. A lot of these different morphs came from the breeders back in the game in the 80’s/90’s (I think if I have read correctly?) and a lot of them were still very secretive as to what they had/if they had anything to begin with. I don’t think you’d ever be able to get an accurate table of when set morphs were created, produced, or seen for the first time.

2 Likes

I am definitely not willing :rofl:

2 Likes

A complete accurate timeline would be impossible , considering the number of designer morphs that are not listed on WOBP yet have been produced you would be missing a lot of them in your timeline.

Now doing it with base morphs instead of designer morphs would be simpler and most likely accurate and complete.

2 Likes

I think your right. I didn’t know everyone was so secretive, if so then your right and a lot of them soon will be lost to time. Thank you

1 Like

You were actually who I was hoping for a reply from but didn’t want to pester you. Your more helpful than anyone has the right to be :blush:.

Base morphs would be the main theme of it. If I could get it into a interactive timeline that you can slide across then the non-base/combos that we do have information on could be added in between, and for the ones we don’t know about its impossible, as you said.

I think it would be a interesting tool and any information/links/studies that you can provide me with will be more than appreciated.

1 Like

For most base morphs World of Ball Pythons has a “first seen” dated listed. I don’t know of anywhere that would be more of an authority than that. You could just grab the dates off there and put them on a timeline.

1 Like

Do they have a ‘base morphs’ tab/page or is it just a matter of filtering through the mix?

Edit: no worries, I just went to install their app and apparently I already had it hidden in a ‘misc’ folder. Nice one :grin:

2 Likes