My Cappuccino had an ultrasound today

My baby girl has 32mn follicles. We didn’t count them, we had several snakes to ultrasound and not a lot of time. This particular follicle is my Mojave pied, :stuck_out_tongue:

the other girls either had none or 10-13mm. My pinstripe laid in the summer last time. So not worried about her yet.

3 Likes

I don’t know squat about breeding…Whats the number size of follicles you look for that tells u she’s ready to breed? If thats what the follicles mean.

1 Like

So a follicle is a sack that contains the female egg (humans have up to 10 per ovary but only one egg is released per month)… The more of these, the more mature eggs there are to meet sperm, and the higher the expected clutch count can be (also dependent on other factors such as the females size).

3 Likes

We just start pairing in September. ( stop in May) we have a weekly pairing cycle. It works out to the girls being paired once sometimes twice a month depending on how long the month is. Around this time of year my friend does ultrasounds for me to see where I am at. Right now 1 out of 6 will lay. My pinstripe laid in the summer in 2019, On track to do the same this year. I don’t know who is ready or not. We go by Weight first then age.

2 Likes

Are you doing the ultrasound yourself? Or does someone offer the service near you? I’ve always been curious about ultrasound, but I just do the old fashioned way for now.

And great name! I’ve got a beautiful clown ball python girl with the same :smiley:

1 Like

My friend does it for me. I do not know anyone outside a vet that would be able to do it otherwise. I only ask her once a year, I considered getting a machine.

2 Likes