My First time Breeding Lavender to Red

I have never bred Crested Geckos before, this is all new to me. I am hoping the Lavender will bring red out in the babies!

8 Likes

That’s how it usually works! Makes reds brighter.

4 Likes

Thank you, it’s good to hear from someone and not google!! I appreciate it. So hopefully I will get some reds out of this paring!

1 Like

Let us know how they get on!
We love seeing new babies! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I sure will, this will be so exciting! I am incubating them at 70F so it should be around Sept 1, right?

Room temp is fine,
And noooo, they hatch in 2 months roughly. So say July time :grin:

3 Likes

Great, thank you so much!! I thought it was 120 days, that seemed so long!! I also have another question, I hope you don’t mind. I heard that the lower the incubation temp the faster they grow after hatching, is that true or is it all about nutrition and not temps?

No imo incubation temp doesn’t come into it.

All mine are kept at room temp in the reptile outhouse, obviously warmer in summer and the temp in there will go up, sometimes means hatch a little earlier, but they all grow at different rates, Some grow very quick and others slower.
Just depends on the gecko itself imo!

3 Likes

thank you so much for taking the time and answering my questions! You are awesome… now the wait LOL! I’m excited! Room temps it is then.

3 Likes

Excited for you! Your first babies :heart_eyes:
I have eggs waiting to hatch too, the wait is awful, but worth it! :black_heart:

2 Likes

Yey babies. Congrats & Good luck :crossed_fingers: please keep us updated.
Room temp, depends on the room as my bedroom gets as low as 15c in winter which is too low. I have my first set of eggs incubating at around 22c

It is said that warmer temps make them hatch quicker and colder temps will take longer to hatch. But I can’t say for sure as my first year.

3 Likes

That’s defo how it works.
Colder it is the longer they take, the warmer the quicker they hatch.
And room temp is usually around 24 but obviously it fluctuates.

Also trying to work out if Temps are to do with bad heads!
People seem to think so, if they hatch quicker then heads aren’t great. The longer they take to hatch the better the head.
But here they all hatch at their own rate so… I’m considering using some eggs to make ‘colder’ to see if this is actually true…

3 Likes

That’s a good test, worth trying!

Keep to us up to date with your findings please

2 Likes

I will do, next eggs found I’m keeping colder for sure, need to go through them all again as lots of holes!
Will count the days and all until hatch, and then the growth of the little ones etc and head!

2 Likes

Thank you! I will keep everyone updated. It will be so exciting and I want to see yours also.

1 Like

This is my lavender. She’s still little :blush:

3 Likes

But getting even more lush :grin:

1 Like

It’s been almost a year, was wondering if there’s any updates?

2 Likes

we are also doing a lavender to red LW pairing this year '23…im super excited to see the outcome

2 Likes

Ooooooo I can’t wait to see🤞 hope it goes well

2 Likes