My Leiurus Quinquestriatus (Deathstalker) finds a super worm

My Leiurus Quinquestriatus AKA Deathstalker found and ate his 1st superworm. Burrowing couldn’t save the superworm as my Deathstalker easily felt it crawling under the sand and he dug it up, dang i never seen him sting something so many times.

This guy really is awesome and a great hunter. These scorpions aren’t as scary to manage as one might think. Get the right size enclosure and use tongs to feed him, though i prefer to have my scorpions utilize their natural skills so i usually slide the top open and drop the food in, don’t sweat it too much if he don’t find it and eat right away, he definitely will. Just don’t put bugs in during a molt because the scorpion will become food instead of the bugs being food.

4 Likes

Just don’t let that 1 escape or you’ll never get another care giver to your house

4 Likes

Hahaha ill be wrecked too, once they get in somewhere you are in trouble. That is why i only use safety protocol when i deal with scorpions, such as using a deli container in the enclosure with a lid to transfer the scorpion toso it renders them safe.

3 Likes

Looks like a really good creature to be careful with, for sure!

1 Like

The Leiurus Quinquestriatus AKA Deathstalker has a venom rank of 4 while the Androctonus Australis is ranked at 5. The venom rating is 1 to 5, so while the Deathstalker has a bigger reputation it isn’t as dangerous as the yellow fattail.

1 Like