My new Androctonus Australis Hector

Here are a few pictures of my newest baby. She is an Androctonus Australis Hector, they originate from Tunisia.

Sorry the pictures aren’t the best but for safety i didn’t open the lid as she could easily reach the top. Safety is the foremost concern, dealing with a potentially dangerous animal and also having a very nosey kitty.

She is definitely different than my other fattails ( maybe because she is young ). She is a lot more fast and it seems like she would be more willing to use her tail. My adults are much more calm probably because of more human exposure and the fact that they know they pack a dangerous punch so they don’t need to be as defensive. Its actually neat to see the difference in each of my scorpions personalities. My deathstalker for example walks with tail in the air and his pedpalps full extended and open.

2 Likes

A couple better pics of my Androctonus Australis in her enclosure.

3 Likes

Very cool, congrats on the new baby, she’s beautiful!

1 Like

A night time shot of her eating her 1st meal with me! Im excited to watch her grow, although it is too young to sex yet (could be a he) eating is a good sign my baby is settled in.
All my babies ate tonight except poor Orange Crush ( i feel so sad i haven’t found her yet) and my Androctonus Australis female ( because she ate yesterday.

1 Like