My new bloods, can I see your short-tails?

Thank you. All the other species that I plan on getting pairs of will also be Sci fi names. My bps are all named for pro wrestlers, lol.

3 Likes

Number 1, 3, and 6 make me absolutely want bloods! They are all beautiful :star_struck:.

3 Likes

I’m curious, what is “Lyly”? Some sort of line-bred trait?

I’ve been eyeing a male on MorphMarket that’s listed as a Matrix Lyly Tpos — he’d be a good fit for my Normal het Tpos I’d think!

Here’s her by the way:

8 Likes

From my understanding it’s an enhancer. I don’t believe it’s a “gene” per se. It’s not a dominant or incomplete dominant. I believe it’s its a specific lineage of brongersmai with clean lines, more vibrant colors, reduced blushing and fading. Kind of like how cherrybomb is a more intensely red line of bloods. Genetic calculators only label hatchlings as possible lyly. They won’t give a % for them. I’m very new to short tails. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than me responds.

1 Like

T+ Female blood. Her name is Sausage. Allegedly a 2017 animal

8 Likes

Funny because none of those are bloods lol. All three of them are Borneo short tails, which is mostly what I work with.

3 Likes

I guess when I see them, I just refer to them as bloods because of commonality of the name, as horrible as it is.

1 Like

Super annoying when people say “Borneo Bloods” like there aren’t even brongersmai on the island of Borneo. The worst is “Sumatran Bloods” because there are the two species on Sumatra, so it could either be describing a brongersmai from Sumatra, or incorrectly a curtus.

5 Likes

I’ve shared these pictures before but these two are my original pair of snakes to breed for me about 20 years ago…… they were both imported wild caught and super spicy lol

7 Likes

I call them “what ball pythons should have been”

3 Likes

No better way to get short tail keepers up in arms lol (except maybe talking about making hybrids between the three species)

5 Likes

Here’s a few of ours. I started off into both brongs and curtus, but I’m completely obsessed with brongs. They are just such an incredible and under rated species.

9 Likes

What are these 2?
They’re absolutely stunning :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Wow that’s quite the short tail smoke show you have!!! Stellar stuff for real! Welcome to the community!

5 Likes

Beautiful specimen

2 Likes

Top is a Goldeneye, bottom is an Ivory.

I’m getting two kids in the mail tomorrow, I’ll be sure to post pictures because they’re reeeeeeal nice.

4 Likes

I like the sound of that!!!

2 Likes

Link to some pictures

2 Likes

Asyln, the first, he is a Goldeneye with a pretty reduced pattern and then the second, Galileo, he is an Ivory.

Sorry, I never got notifications or anything for this.

2 Likes

Gorgeous snakes! Bloods are on my short list of species I would love to own once I eventually have the space to branch out beyond morelia.

3 Likes