My new girl!

heres my new baby! her name is adler. shes less than a year old. she was given to me by a friend, along with a massive tank, some frozen adult mice, a lot of bedding, a heater and a hide, ALL FOR FREE!!! he gave her to me because she was ‘aggressive’. she has not shown any aggression towards me quite yet, and i honestly dont think she will be. shes a sweetheart so far just like my milk snake!

13 Likes

Congratulations! Boas are my favorites! They are the best!

5 Likes

What a deal :grinning:

3 Likes

Have you weighed her? My almost 4 year old male is ~2300 grams but he is a small boy only about 5’ 5” in length.

1 Like

not yet! im giving her a lil time to settle

1 Like

Sweet, definitely keep us updated on her!

1 Like

my dad weighed her and shes 340!

1 Like

She’s so pretty :blush:

2 Likes

She’s a nice size, that’s so wonderful! I’m happy that she’s going to have a wonderful long life with you.

1 Like

Just to let you know she actually looks like a hypo boa. The lightened colors with the black speckles is what gives it away, and the tail looking like “jelly”. The breeders the deal with hypo know what I mean :joy:.

See an example of my male, is bigger now though.

3 Likes

she’s specifically an albino khal het hypo or something in that category!!

1 Like

I can tell you that she is not albino, and that she is not het hypo. Hypo is an incomplete dominant so there is a super form. She may be hypo het khal albino, but she is definitely hypo.

5 Likes

You got yourself a beautiful girl there!

Riley is right here, you likely misheard them say “Hypo het Albino Khal”

Here’s a visual Albino for reference:

4 Likes

Thats a nice boa. Boas can be mistaken for aggressive if they have a really good feeding response. Our boas were really easy to handle but when it was time to feed I’d have to be careful.

2 Likes

They are some of the only snakes that you hear a literal thump when they hit their rats, even the babies.

2 Likes

Adorable! I’m personally more of a python guy, but I’d be lying if I said I didn’t like BC’s.

1 Like