My new python babies that came today!

Thank you and there is plenty of room at the table! I’ll surely save you a place! Thank you for the kind remarks! :snake::wink::blush::heart:

3 Likes

Here guys, i have a doodle to put on the stp club break room mini fridge.

7 Likes

They look great, congrats on the new noodles

3 Likes

Gorgeous animals!

3 Likes

As a rule, STPs are great eaters. Mina (my blood python) will pretty much eat anything, anytime, anywhere. During her last feeding, her rat slipped out of the tongs and I accidentally dropped it on her…and she still ate it. She’ll even eat when deep in blue, or immediately after being moved into a new enclosure. Nothing seems to hinder her desire to eat!

So yeah, I very much doubt your handsome boy will give you any feeding trouble. I suppose that someone somewhere has probably had a fussy short tail, but generally speaking, they’re very reliable eaters and will typically eat whatever and whenever you offer.

3 Likes

Yeah, my STP will also eat in blue. Seems like he is always hangry!

3 Likes

Perfect drawing for the fridge! Your artwork is impeccable! Chonky Chonk Chonk! :heart::blush::sunglasses::+1::snake:

3 Likes

Thank you so very much!!! :wink::blush:

1 Like

Thank you :pray:!

2 Likes

That’s great to hear! I’m always a little nervous when I get a new snake baby! The first thing he did was take a drink of water! :wink::tada:

3 Likes

I feel ya. I’m always nervous about getting a new snake eating, or switching prey type (like going up in size, switching from live to f/t, or switching from mice to rats), or getting a snake eating after enclosure upgrades. Fortunately both my girls are good eaters and haven’t given me any serious issues with any of the above, but it still always makes me a little anxious. It’s part of the reason I’ve stayed away from ball pythons and other species that are known to be finicky eaters.

4 Likes

Yep! I will find out if my newbies will eat for me tonight…… :crossed_fingers::snake::pray:

2 Likes

Ok Singer (Blackhead BP) just slammed her ft rat fuzzy! Luz (STP) did not strike at his so I left it in with him……… :crossed_fingers::snake:

2 Likes

Congratulations! 1 out of 2 for a first feeding attempt is good! Your nice stp may just need some more time to adjust to the new environment, or eat tonight when no one’s awake😄

2 Likes

Hopefully you are correct! Thank you for the encouragement! Have a blessed evening! :crossed_fingers::pray:

2 Likes

Ok I am so excited! Luz ate too! I kind of thought he would because he has had his head out pretty much all day looking at me! Lol! Now if I could just get my stubborn house snake to eat! Lol!

I am a happy camper! I always email the breeder the first time a snake eats. So far all of them have been happy to hear the good news! :sunglasses::wink::blush::snake::+1:

5 Likes

Awesome news! Good to hear it! Now you can relax and just enjoy your new pets!

2 Likes

Thank you! I certainly will! :blush::snake:

2 Likes

Yaaaaaayy!! :tada::partying_face: Very happy both your new babies have taken their first meals with you, that’s always such a relief.

My blood python took a while before she started striking her meal off the tongs (and sometimes she still won’t if she senses my cat(s) nearby), but she’ll always eat it if I just leave it in with her.

3 Likes

I am not complaining at all! Whether they eat off tongs or in the middle of the night! It makes no difference to me! :blush::snake::+1:

3 Likes