My very first Hognose

These were one of the species that made me fall in love with snakes, and today I finally got one of my own! This little lady doesn’t have a name yet (at least not given by me) but I am so in love. Ready to absolutely spoil this boopable little snoot!

16 Likes

She’s beautiful! Congrats on the new baby. Hognoses are so freaking adorable. :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Look at that cute little face :3 Hognoses are by far one of the cutest snake species. I hope you’ll share photos of her and tell us her name once you come up with one for her! :smiley:

4 Likes

Or we could help :blush:?

4 Likes

I was thinking Harley when I saw it. From the side it looks like Harley Quinn’s smirk.

4 Likes

Lol I have a few

Daniele – feminine form of Daniel, which means “God is my judge” in Hebrew

Esmé – beloved, loved, guardian

Roxanne – dawn of day, radiant

Vera – believed to be derived from either the Russian word for faith (vjera) or the Latin word for truth (vera)

4 Likes

Those are all beautiful names :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Thank you guys for the suggestions! While I had a hard time deciding, I ended up going with Eevee. When she’s settled in and had her first meal here, I will definitely share more photos. Honestly, they may be one of the cutest species ever. She gave me the big scary snek performance, dramatically hissing and bluff striking. Seemed rather confused when, instead of recoiling, I started baby talking at her. :joy:

4 Likes

They’re so awesome! Be careful you might become an addict and collect multiples. Though my normal male is my favorite. He’s such a calm happy little gentleman when I take him out but he loves to headbutt my husband. Hiss at you. He’s slapped me with a pinkie mouse …. He’s just an all around funny butthead. :joy: generally in regards of eating and getting snuck up on. Lol

2 Likes

Welcome to the world of hognose keeping! Not sure what to give for a name suggestion. I name all of my hognoses off of locations in New Mexico, but I don’t feel like you’re gonna want to do that.

3 Likes

Oh, I can already tell you that there will be at least one more. I am so in love with this girl, and her genetics are pretty solid, so perhaps next year a male will be in the cards.

2 Likes

She has settled in nicely, and since she shed last night, I figured I’d grab a couple more photos.

I plan to do an actual photoshoot with her once it warms up a bit more here.

6 Likes

She is a very pretty baby!

3 Likes

I can’t wait to actually get some properly set up photos of her, just to really see her colour pop!

3 Likes

Well, @jenfalconer-nidhoggnoses, you were correct. Put a downpayment on a male today. :joy:

4 Likes

Can’t wait to see pics! Your boy really is handsome so can’t wait to see her :smile:

3 Likes

Pics here are of the girl, the one I put payment on is the male. Either way, they’re both gorgeous (male is being purchased from someone on MM) and since they’re also both breeding size, there is the real possibility that next season could bring my first hognose clutch. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

What are the genetics?! Congratulations on the new coming baby too!

3 Likes

Eevee is a normal pos het toxic. Really hoping I hit the odds with her and she proves out. Thanks, I’m honestly so excited to get a hognose project started, they’re such characters!

3 Likes

Eevee is adorable! I don’t have any hoggies, but I do adore them. I looove my corn snakes, but I always enjoy other peoples’ hognoses.:smile:

3 Likes