Name your morph game!

I can post both parents as well, she was the only one from the clutch that is a Cinnamon Super Pastel HGW, the rest of the clutch consisted of a Leopard HGW, Cinnamon HGW, Cinnamon Pastel Spider and a Cinnamon Leopard HGW.

I am also 100% sure of her genetics.:ok_hand:

I totally agree that the variation is huge, but I have found this even in single gene morphs.

I am including pics of mom and dad, as you can see, dad is super special, as he doesn’t look like a normal Pewter HGW, in my opinion, I think it is the HGW that is causing him to be so dark.

2 Likes

I am going for Pastel Soul Suckers, could also try for Pewter Soul Suckers…can’t seem to find any pics of them anywhere…mmmm

1 Like

Well as far as variations on that combo. You won the grand prize. I hope you continue to post its pictures I’m very interested in how it changes with shed!
Also those genes on the father are really something you can see the same neck pattern on him that transferred perfectly to his offspring. Not sure what morph that trait is from but I’d really like to see more of his offspring for sure. Thanks for sharing!

The male is a pewter hgw I’ve hatched quite a few. He is by far the darkest one I have seen super nice!

2 Likes

Need to look further into HGW. I feel I may have over looked it for sure. I’ve seen how cinnamon can make some strange variations to patters but with HGW in the mix that is quite the variant.
No joke I gotta quit reading this stuff. Or at the very least learn self control. I swear in the last 2 weeks I’ve got 5 new projects running around in my head. It’s gotta come to an end. Geez

1 Like

What’s self control??? Lol Hgw is one of my favorite genes!!! I’ve made some seriously nice stuff with hgw. It’s also allelic with blackhead!

1 Like

Thanks so much. Yeah I hit the jackpot.
I will definately post pics as she matures promise.
I have some excellent breeding plans for my male this year, so I will keep everyone updated.

1 Like

I know this is off topic. Could you explain what allelic means in simple terms? I looked it up, just didn’t understand their definition of it.

2 Likes

If there is any words that you don’t understand, check to see if they are part of our glossary…you can find it quickly by clicking my profile picture :blush:

I’m going to tag @chesterhf and @t_h_wyman to make sure I’m correctly wording this.

Imagine this line was a chromosome↓

---------1---------2---------3--------4--------5--------6------7-----8-----9-----10

Each number is a “location” within that chromosome, each with its own set of genes. 1a & 1b, 2a &2b…ect…

Allelic means that there is two (or more) possible mutations of each gene that act different.
But only one can be there at any one time.

So say 7a is the gene that mutated to cause the Spider morph, it’s is also 7a that causes the HGW morph (it just mutated differently), only one of these mutations can be present at location 7a in the chromosome.

5 Likes

@eaglereptiles Thomas your starting to sound smarter than me!!! I need some more fancy words I see! Easy version is every gene that is on the same locust is allelic. The locus is the group of genes every gene on the same locus is allelic which means they are compatible to make a acts like super.

4 Likes

Close Thomas, but just a little bit off.

Here is the best way I have found to think of alleles - Imagine you are playing a game of Go Fish but instead of a single deck you are using two decks of cards. Each “value” for a card (ace, two, three… King) is a gene. Your suits then (heart, diamond, spade, club), are the alleles. Since the game is about making pairs, you can only have two cards of any given suit. Likewise, you can only have two of any given gene allele in an animal. So, translating cards to morphs:

Heart/Heart = WT/WT
Heart/Spade = WT/Spider
Heart/Club = WT/Blackhead
Heart/Diamond = WT/HGW
Spade/Spade = Spider/Spider (Dead)
Spade/Club = Spider/Blackhead
Spade/Diamond = Spider/HGW (Dead)
Club/Club = Blackhead/Blackhead (SuperBlackhead)
Club/Diamond = Blackhead/HGW
Diamond/Diamond = HGW/HGW (Dead)

Or

Heart/Heart = WT/WT
Heart/Spade = WT/BlkPastel
Heart/Club = WT/Jolt
Heart/Diamond = WT/Enchi
Spade/Spade = BlkPastel/BlkPastel (SuperBlk)
Spade/Club = BlkPastel/Jolt (Whiplash)
Spade/Diamond = BlkPastel/Enchi
Club/Club = Jolt/Jolt (SuperJolt)
Club/Diamond = Jolt/Enchi
Diamond/Diamond = Enchi/Enchi (SuperEnchi)

4 Likes

So im, embaresed to say, but honestly am far from knowing what morphs are allergic with each other. Is there anywhere you can get a complete list? If not, is anyone willing to bust out the old typewriter and clink the keys until you make a book? Oh and while those little fingers are blistering up, go aahead and add every defining characteristics of all known morphs.
And ill even give you a preamptive Thank you!

2 Likes

Here is a good thread until that book comes out!

Allelic Morphs aka Complexes

4 Likes

Hey i feel i should just be up front with you. This little dudes been texting me for months now. Ive asked him to stop, but he loves me so much. He wants to live with me. He just dosnt have the heart to tell you. Sorry i had to do this so openly. I promise to love and cherish him!

3 Likes

Awesomeness, thanks gotta dive into that!

1 Like

add desert/ desert ghost and you get desert eagle

2 Likes

Blistered fingers presents … Morph Encyclopedia (In Progress) Part 2

3 Likes

You just made my day with that😂

I have been harassed about him quite a bit, I knew he was special, but I don’t think I realized just how special.

Well, I have an excellent breeding programme set up for him this year. I am also going to attempt to duplicate the result of this year, by putting him with a Leopard Pastel female and also again with the same female that he was with this year, the Leopard Pastel Spider. I really want to see if his babies give a huge variance in color as is typical or if I can duplicate it.
Also planning on putting him with a beautiful Butter female.
Guess I will have to keep on making you all jealous😁

1 Like

But he said he loves me…

{passing some bandages and a little ointment)
That you very much. I try to deep dive but sometimes I feel there is so much here, tools like this can get lost in the shuffle.

2 Likes