NARBC Tinley Park — Who’s going?

So, we’re finally getting to attend an NARBC show this coming weekend in Tinley! We had tickets from the March 2020 show that we’ve yet to use because it had gotten canceled last minute.

I’m not vending, just attending — won’t be attending as a vendor for a few more years at least!

Who else is going? Would love to meet up and hang out!

5 Likes

I really wanted to go but I think I’m done buying for this year (what I might buy is very specific) and am going to spend money on more and better housing instead of more reptiles. Hopefully I can go next year though.

3 Likes

I’m going with family

2 Likes

Not vending (hope to some day) but I will be attending. I’m especially excited because I’m going to be picking up a group of Rough-Scaled Sand Boa morphs that I have been waiting for. 2.2 of them are for me and 1.1 are for a friend. It is highly unlikely that I will buy anything else because the Rough-Scales are very costly.

These are being referred to as Extreme Reduced Pattern or “XR” Rough-Scales. This is believed to be a recessive trait but isn’t fully proved out.

These are called Spotted Stripe. This is a brand new proven recessive trait.

6 Likes

Oh those are so cool! They look like little worms

3 Likes

I can’t wait to start producing them myself! Very few people have these.

3 Likes

I’ll be there just attending also, if anyone wants to make plans to meet up I’ll try to make it. I’m shooting to be there around noon on Friday to help set up and then it’s party time.

2 Likes

Those are really neat looking animals, congrats!

You can never have enough reptiles though :joy:

2 Likes

This is so true :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

But I can’t afford them… But I can afford housing for them. When y equals the needed number of reptiles for satisfaction and x equals the current number of reptiles y=x+1. I do plan to get my first snakes this year though.

4 Likes

I have a friend I really wanna meet who lives in Chicago. I wish I could go to Tinley and also visit her as well sooo much. I’m gonna ask her if Tinley is really close to her.

Sadly I won’t be able to make it. sigh maybe next year or the one after.

3 Likes

Not me. :frowning_face: I really hope to be able to go someday, but for now I’ll just stick to the local expos. I hope you guys all post pictures of the cool animals you see and buy!

2 Likes

Will try bad at taking pictures lol

1 Like

Haha, that’s okay! I just need to live vicariously through all you guys!

2 Likes

I’m gonna try doing a YouTube video but I suck at remembering to actually record lol

1 Like

I would love to go, but I would want to leave with a very very high end boa. And that is not something I can do right now, sadly. Hopefully in the next few years, my collection will grow and so will my ability to attend this expo.

Anyone doing anything tonight?

Fiancé and I walked around, just trying to take in everything… didn’t see any snakes that really caught our eye yet, hopefully we’ll find something tomorrow :joy:

Kinda missed out on the BBQ, oh well… so we’re having Golden Corral for dinner and then we’re gonna go to the hotel and crash for the night so we can be there early morning tomorrow!

1 Like

Came home early today since the crowd got a little too crazy for us — but we did pick up some cool additions!

Two are hognoses, both female. One is a toffeebelly conda and the other an arctic conda. Both have morphs that I wanted to add to the collection, so it worked out!

The third one is a male ball python — he seems to be going into shed at the moment so doesn’t quite look his best.
I decided to add special to the collection to pair to my girl Blue awhile ago, and since I saw him along with a few others I decided this would be a good time to pick one up.
He’s a pastel crystal — so with Blue being a butter mystic, they’ll make a bunch of different BEL complex combos! No normals either, which will be fun!

3 Likes