Need help for a friend on their boa

7 Likes

Interesting look, but beyond me. Maybe @tommccarthy can chime in. @lumpy might know too. I know Riley spends a lot of time of looking at boa pictures lol.

3 Likes

Can you have your friend grab some pictures for me? One of a close up pic of one of the saddles. And also a clear side view.

As of now it looks like a hypo motley pos jungle.

Does your friend know the pairing that produced this boa? Also what was it sold as?

Thanks for the tag @ballornothing

4 Likes

Try this. And as of right now we know nothing about this one besides that he’s covered in mites and the previous owner doesn’t want him anymore because he’s too big

4 Likes

I was thinking motley jungle but I wasn’t positive on that

4 Likes

Definitely Hypo Motley. I wouldn’t want to surmise any other potential guesses. Too much variability found to be reliable at all.

6 Likes

I’ve thought maybe anery but not very set on that thought @lumpy

Aneys are gray in color definitely not an Anery. I would definitely say hypo motley.

Looks like a hypo motley to me. I have produced hypo in the past with saddles similar to this one. Maybe you will get lucky and it’s het albino. Won’t know until you breed it to albino or het albino.

Here are some old pics of the babies I had with similar saddles.

6 Likes

These are only hypo het albino. Or what you would call a Double het for Sunglow.

Should have kept the second one now that I look at it.

That is a beautiful snake @tommccarthy

4 Likes

These are some of my younger ones I have

4 Likes

Nice looking boas you have there. The first one is a pastel boa. My two babies I posted could be one of the parents to your motley. As they were born in 2012 and 2013.

1 Like

I’ve had that first one for two years. I got her out of crappy pet store in my town. I’ve always liked her because of the amount of salmon color she has in her

Agreed, looks like a hypo motley

@lumpy update: he’s being treated for mites and the rest of his shed.

1 Like

I definitely think he is a wonderful hypo motley. Congratulations he is beautiful.

3 Likes