Need help found this little guy on Craigslist

So the guy was asking for money I explained how bad off the chameleon was so finally he let me have him I have already call the vet they will be getting me in probably tomorrow he is underweight that’s an understatement he is super dehydrated and pretty bad mbd he was kept in a tank with what looks like sand and sticks from outside with a bowl of water I now have him in a screen cage with lots of plants supported with a hammock so he don’t fall a t5 light with also a basking spot a dripper and hanging food bowl and I am misting him down often he was gave repti boost to try and help him eat recommended by vet tech I spoke with but his veil on his head looks like a camels hump that dropped and has became wrinkled at this point I’m not sure what else to do does anyone have anything I could do to help until vet visit the pictures you will see is what they had him in

3 Likes

I don’t know a whole lot about chameleons so take this with a grain of salt. Could you put things on the sides and backs of the cage so 3 sides are blocked? Not necessarily cover the screen on the sides just putting it a few inches away from the side of the screen.

So sad when people purchase animals without doing research in to their care. I’m happy he gave the poor animal up for free. I hope he gets better soon but unfortunately these guys are so fragile that damage might have been done already depending on its age.

3 Likes

We just returned from the vet with a treatment plan I have never had one this bad

8 Likes

Update: he has been getting treatment and seems to be getting better slowly

7 Likes

Ahh poor dude…Happy to see he’s doing better.

2 Likes

I know this is an old post, but is there an update?

7 Likes

How’s he doing?

2 Likes

Poor baby :sob::sob:

Humidity and also airflow. Paired with nutritous feeders like hornworms should perk him up. Post an update curious to see how its going. Poor little guy.

1 Like