Need help identifying the morph of my ball python

Hello everyone, I need help identifying the morph of my ball python. I rescued her last year and have a friend possibly interested in breeding her and we would like to know what her morph is. All help is appreciated!

2 Likes

Maybe a super faded out pastel butter/lesser?

Given that she’s a rescue, you don’t know her background and breeding and that you can’t recognize her morph, I would reccomend not breeding her. Not every animal needs to be bred, in fact there’s a great many that probably shouldn’t, and it’s important to priortize only breeding the healthiest and most desirable animals. There’s thousands upon thousands of ball pythons for sale right now, definitely no shortage, so it’s probably better to keep her back as a nice pet.

7 Likes

Just my two cents, but it looks a lot like my Pastel Lesser girl, but there could be so many things at play, who knows…

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ve been told Pastel Lesser in the past as well

1 Like

She could also be a super pastel Mojave. Or something else.
Honestly, if this is your first time breeding, I agree with @chesterhf
You need to know how to identify the morphs if you’re planning to breed. If you don’t know what actually is making up this female, how do you expect to properly ID the hatchlings if you pick up a male with other genes involved?
I would start with animals where you know exactly what the genes are and go from there. And try not to overload how many genes you’re working with so you can learn to tell them apart and ID them with less trouble.

7 Likes

I agree with @chesterhf ! There are literally thousands of BPs for sale on MM alone, and unless you have buyers lined up already who don’t really care what morph their snake may be, then it would be very wrong to breed her just for fun. The operative word here is “rescued”. You rescued this snake because it’s previous owner had no use for her anymore/didn’t want her anymore/ couldn’t take care of her anymore. She is a beautiful snake who needed another forever home, hopefully with you. Don’t do her an injustice and negate the good deed you did by making more possibly unwanted ball pythons to flood the already overcrowded market even more.

Please do right by her and let her be a beloved pampered part of the family pet! She deserves it! Again, she is a beautiful snake!

3 Likes

That’s a pretty snake!

hmmm I confirm that is a snek

I don’t disagree with what you guys are saying about breeding her. I myself am not a breeder I just have two friends that are, the question about breeding her is still up in the air because you’re right we don’t really know her true genetics and there are literally thousands of BPs already on the market. She was rescued from a breeding situation gone wrong where the person wanted to breed, bought hundreds of snakes, changed his mind and instead of rehoming the animals he left them to starve. Mostly this is for curiosity purposes as there is a pretty good chance she won’t actually be bred, my friend is looking for specific morphs and I don’t think she’s one of them. I appreciate everything you guys are saying and no matter what though she will continue to stay in her loving home and continue to be a beautiful pet. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That sounds great! I am so glad you have her and I feel so sorry for the snakes that were so much less fortunate…… :heart::snake::frog::lizard:

1 Like