Need help identifying whether this snake has banana in it or not

The breeder says she is a banana fire het pie bald. I can’t really see the banana in her but maybe someone on here can say it does?

1 Like

There is no banana in that snake

It’s usually a fairly identifiable morph with bright yellows instead of the traditional black/brown seen in normals. This is a picture of my banana het pied boy for comparison

2 Likes

No that snake doesn’t have banana in it. The pigmentation is all wrong. Personally to me it looks normal.

1 Like

Yeah, It doesn’t have banana for sure now. It definitely has fire, though. Thanks so much!

3 Likes

No problem

1 Like

I would be very cautious about purchasing an animal from the breeder that said it was banana, especially if they are claiming it to be het for something.

1 Like

It is a fire a least but definitely not banana. Aside from being completely misidentified, from the picture I can tell that the husbandry of that snake has been very poor. Looks to have scale damage from bad sheds as well as some currently stuck shed. You’d be purchasing a problem with that snake.

1 Like

Plus, if a breeder can’t tell a Banana from a normal, they probably lack knowledge in other areas, calling into question the animal’s health, sex, and hets.

3 Likes