Need help knowing what species of lizard this is

Ive just been offered this lizard which someone else didnt want andnid like to have it but have no idea what speices it is and the necessary temp and humidity so if anyone could help that would be great thanks!

3 Likes

It’s going to be hard to identify that without better pictures. Do you think it would be possible to get pictures showing the top and side of the lizard not through plastic? It’s also generally not a good idea to get animals that you aren’t prepared for and don’t know what they are. It is also likely wild caught, which are generally not good to keep as pets and won’t live as long.

8 Likes

I dont have any other pictures since i havemt actually gotten the lizard yet since i want to make suren i know what it is first

4 Likes

Im not planning on getting it withoit know what it it firat but all that ive been told is that its an indian lizard?

4 Likes

It’s going to be hard to identify it based on that one picture, but maybe someone on here can. I’ve never heard of an indian lizard, and after looking it up maybe it’s an indian monitor (or bengal monitor), but I don’t think that would be it either (I don’t think they’re in the pet trade).

6 Likes

I should probably ask for a couple extra photos then

6 Likes

Where was it collected? Zooming in it resembles a florida anole or maybe a scrub lizard but in no way can I identify it. Definitely need other pictures.

6 Likes

It was offered to me by one of my mums friends but i havent accepted it yet since i have no idea what it is once i get more pictures from them ill post them here

6 Likes

Yes you definitely need to get more information from the person who has the lizard, imo most importantly where did that person get the lizard in the first place. If it is in fact wild caught, imho, it should be released back where it came from, and not kept captive because as @erie-herps said, it will have a short life span.

6 Likes

In the uk there arent many lizards so it might not be wild caught bit still cant be too sure about that. All i know is that one of my mums friends were just left with this lizard and their children dont like it so he offered it to me

3 Likes

Well I am sure you guys will do the very best for the little guy! You have definitely started out right by coming here to get advice/information on him! I am waving :wave: to you from across the water! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Keep us posted on your potential lizard pet! :lizard:

3 Likes

Sure will! Hopefully I get some more pics soon and then we can figure out what it is!

3 Likes

Well again, you have clearly chosen the right place to find out! :heart:

4 Likes

I know you are working on getting more information. I think the most important piece is finding out from where it came. There are so many issues with WC animals.

Hopefully you’ll get some more info soon and be able to take some informed actions.

2 Likes

All i know is that my mums friend was just left with this lizard and doesnt know where it came from. Becuase of this he decided to offer it to me saying all he knkw was that it is an indian lizard? Its all just really confusing

Heres a list of lizards in the uk to help determine if it was wild caught although im not sure how accurate this list is