Nervous and Excited

So, it’s finally that time. My little hatchlings are at the stage where I feel comfortable sending them to new homes. This is my very first clutch ever, so I’m nervous but also excited at the same time. I have shipping boxes, stickers, I’m waiting for my business cards to come in but hopefully they will be here soon, my babies are all at least 80 grams and eating regularly, I have my policies and payment options on my Morphmarket page, and an Instagram page to post extra pictures of the hatchlings. I feel ready, but also not ready lol, I guess I kinda got attached to the little ones and feel nervous about sending them to new homes. How did you guys feel when you finally got to sell your very first clutch? How did you get over any nerves that you may have over sending them to a stranger, who may or may not take care of them properly?

I also dont want to let go all my first clutch hahahaha. Wanted to hold them back all.
The only way i think is to bring more yearlings/adult breeder for new project. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

My first clutch was my hognoses, but I mainly felt proud of myself for producing them and making people happy by giving them the opportunity to keep something I produced.

I didn’t find myself too nervous about them going to their new homes, because most of my customers were local.
The only time I was really worried was when it came to the one baby I shipped out! He made it to his new home safely though, but it’s still nerve wracking when it comes to shipping animals :joy:

1 Like

I know how you feel! I am holding back at least 3 or 4 babies, but the rest don’t really fit with my plans sadly and I need the space, and it will be way less mouths to feed.

How did you find local customers, if you don’t mind me asking? I put that I will do local pickup on my Morphmarket page, but otherwise I am more of a homebody, so I don’t go out to talk to people to see if they want any snakes lol.

@walkergirl I mainly just posted in my local reptile/pet groups on Facebook! Best way to advertise to people specifically in your area, I’d think

1 Like

Oh, good idea! I don’t do too much with my Facebook page, but I could definitely try that out. Thanks!

1 Like