New Addition - C. versicolor

Picked up a new sling at a local expo yesterday. Pretty excited about this one actually!

10 Likes

I know nothing about spiders, but I’m excited you’re excited. Will you post photos of it’s habitat when you get it setup? I’ve never really seen what a spider lives in once people actually… like… own them??

5 Likes

It will be in that vial for quite awhile. They aren’t fast growers. I did add a small stick and some little pieces of sphagnum moss for her (I hope) to web onto.

4 Likes

C. versicolor has definitely been on my wish list for a while now! That then D. diamantinensis. (Can’t pronounce nor spell this name. Thank goodness for copy + paste) :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It’s going to take FOREVER to grow! Be vigilant about humidity, too, it needs access to water and around 65-85%. Many C. versicolor slings pass during molts usually due to complications related to hydration, so just keep that in mind! Mine have crawled on me more than any species I keep, but they were always slow escapes, and they were really calm about being herded back home. Definitely one of my favorites, visually, the changes they’ll go through are amazing.

5 Likes

Squeeeeee, such a cute baby! :heart_eyes::heart:

C. versicolor is way high up on my arachnid wishlist. I love their colours and how fluffy they look. And I love the colour change they go through.