New addition, Inca poss het Burke/Stone T+ female

This girl arrived this morning and I’m excited to watch her as she grows.
I’ll have to decide what projects I want to inject her into, but that is always fun to work out.

10 Likes

Took a couple more photos, showing her off better.

13 Likes

Wow she is beautiful! :heart_eyes: I am a beginner with snakes and still learning- is she a common boa (B. constrictor, I think)?

3 Likes

Look how dark chocolate blood red that tail looks :chocolate_bar::drop_of_blood:
That animal is straight :fire: as @saleengrinch would say

6 Likes

Concur with straight :fire: id!!!

6 Likes

I knew it, LOL

2 Likes

In all seriousness @randall_turner_jr that has to be one of the nicest boa I have ever seen! Truly spectacular!

3 Likes

She’s a Boa Imperator, from Central American origin animals. She’s an Inca, which is I believe an incomplete dominant trait, with the homozygous form I believe being similar but cleaner than the heterozygous, but im not terribly informed on the morph other than basic info. (Hard to find definitive info anymore with so many of the old forums shutting down)

Thanks everyone. Im happy to have picked her up.

4 Likes

The original Inca was a Nicaraguan animal (dwarf). I believe the gene was proven by TSK, or at least, they popularized it. I’ve been want to add an animal like yours to my Nicaraguan group, but so far I don’t have room for another larger snake.

5 Likes

But… There’s always room for one more!

5 Likes

So so true!!!

4 Likes

This first picture, she’s trying to say that she is the GOAT. :laughing: LOL

1 Like

Took a few outdoor shots of this girl. She’s really an awesome animal, and difficult to get good shots of. I am contemplating what male to go with her in the future. Either will have to get a Burke T+ to try to prove her out, or will go a different direction and breed either the Leopard or Sonoran Hypo het leopard to her.

6 Likes