New addition to the family

Look at my new baby!

12 Likes

:heart_eyes: :star_struck: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

What’s it like being a veterinarian? That’s my dream some day or to be a vet tech!

He’s very cute

2 Likes

I was told the first is a dalmation but not sure what the second one is!

7 Likes

Better pic of face of number 2

5 Likes

Would love to see some pics of their setups. Nice to see bioactive enclosures too.

2 Likes

Will be coming shortly!:wink:

1 Like

My experience has been unusual in some regards. Perhaps it would be best to have other vets answer that question. It’s important to have dreams- just know that it’s not a given that they always accurately reflect reality. The one piece of advice I’ll pass along, before I get told I’m off topic, is that you need to start volunteering in middle school, or high school if it’s too late for that. Getting into vet school is a heartbreaking nightmare. Vet techs are in much higher demand and have almost zero debt relative to a vet’s.

1 Like

Cute! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: Did you hatch this one yourself?

1 Like

The second picture appears to be a brindle, but I would need to see better pictures. If the lines cross over the dorsal crest, it would be a tiger.

I wish! I bought them.

1 Like

That is the second one.

2 Likes

Nice!! Definitely a tiger. Possibly a partial pinstripe. It does have some spottiness, but it has to have a certain number to count as a Dalmatian. I need to figure that one out since several of my babies have them.

1 Like

I did notice that, they are both so beautiful.

I appreciate your response by the way!

1 Like

No problem. It’s nice to see some cresteds on here!

1 Like

The little spurs under the rear, does that indicate female?

No, not at all. Males close to 4 g and 9 months of age or so start to show a line of pores near their anus. Later they develop 2 bulges that represent their hemipenis. Females are identified by their lack of pores and harder to be certain in identification until they are a bit older.

1 Like

Thank you so much, I actually just watched a ton of youtube videos regarding how to sex them! I am hoping to continue to build my knowledge on these guys so any tips what so ever are more than welcome!

2 Likes