New addition to the reptile family!🦎

16 Likes

And now to watch him/her grow big and cuddly!!

I love :black_heart:

4 Likes

Very nice they’ve become 1 of the must have reptiles in Ireland.

4 Likes

@dino1989 thats awesome!

2 Likes

@ghoulishcresties cant wait!

3 Likes

S/he is adorable! I love tegus. I really wish I had the space for one, they seem like such awesome lizards.

4 Likes

@jawramik aw that sucks, and yes they are!

1 Like

I suppose if I were willing to get rid of my cats, my chinchilla, and my blood python, and was willing to have a tegu be my only large/space-demanding pet (the sand boa could stay, since she fits on top of my dresser), I could probably accommodate its needs in my current condo…but I don’t want one badly enough to give up the animals I already have and love. And if I give them the space they need to thrive, I don’t have room for an adult tegu.

But if I ever get a bigger place, or can afford my current place without renting out the second bedroom, then tegu here I come! In the mean time, I’ll just live vicariously through those who can accommodate them. :grin:

Edit: do you think I should tell my roommate that I’m already making plans to turn her bedroom into a tegu room?

5 Likes

That is so awesome! I wish I had the space for a tegu! They are such amazing lizards.

1 Like

Yes she can sleep outside. The tegu stays :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

We do have a lovely storage closet under the stairs. And a tiny attic. I don’t think she’d mind if I moved her into one of those so I could commandeer her room for a tegu. That seems like a perfectly viable solution to me.

2 Likes

Yes, you should propose that idea to her. :joy:

1 Like

I sooooo wish I had the space/time for one. They’re so cool. And I’m so jealous, lol

2 Likes

Nice!! Tegus are so, well, so TEGU! Doesn’t that kinda sum it up? I don’t suppose I’ll ever have one but I do enjoy them vicariously.

2 Likes

@caryl haha yea, I love em but he’s a hand full sometimes :joy:

1 Like

I can well imagine. I’ve read that they can be…opinionated. :joy: Tegus have special people, as it really takes a special level of commitment. I hope you’ll keep us posted as he grows.

3 Likes

@caryl Definitely will!

2 Likes