New axdition to the growing zoo

Yeah, that is some of the most interesting things I have ever come across at a petco.

3 Likes

Ive … ghetto rigged some UVB, ill make it nicer later, but for now this should give them needed UV so they dont get sick. Also saw a confirmed cricket kill. So they are getting used to their home. Eating, drinking, burrowing, and interacting with eachother. Im happy :grin:

4 Likes

My petco doesn’t even have ball pythons 90% of the time, and yours has savannah monitors and millipedes?! Also why is a petco selling Savannah Monitors???

2 Likes

I do not know, hopefully buyers read the little card that says 2.5-3ft so they know a 20 gallon wont cut it -_-’ hell, i would love a monitor lizard or tegu, but right now its above what i can house, let alone some random kid with stary eyes.

2 Likes

hopefully they are responsible with who they sell it to but I doubt it.

2 Likes

So. They actually really like the light as a type of heat source and im torn. On the one hand, it only gets luke warm, so during normal operation theres ni burn risk, howevever, if it malfunctions, there could be burns. It is on a 12W UVB bulb, so not sure if its worth being concerned about, or just let them enjoy their UVB and warmth.

In the time it took me to type this, they have jumped down, but this light ledge is a common place for them to be since i added it.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Incase anyone is wondering about them, theybare doing well and still have all of their digits (many keepers note them wearing down their fingers trying to dig, the substrate must be helping with that urge). One is clearly growing faster than the other, and its the one that hides more ironically xD

4 Likes

And as for the conversation of my Petco getting odd animals most probably dont, theres false chameleons now.

3 Likes

Our petco currently has a pair of red eyed crocodile skinks!

3 Likes

My petco had false chameleons and a kenyan sand boa yesterday, pretty unusual for my area! All looked really negleced though, which is unfortunately the theme for my store

4 Likes

Sad to hear about the neglect :frowning: the ones at my store tend to look OK, but they sell some things too young (corn snakes) and theres the occasional missing toe from bad sheds

3 Likes

Sorry, meant to respond to this as well, thats actually really cool!

2 Likes