New bioactive terrarium!

@jenfalconer-nidhoggnoses I ’ve pretty much blacklisted creeping fig both as a plant in terrariums and as a house plant haha. I love seeing other peoples that are doing great but they just don’t tend to thrive with me. You live and you learn lol

@ghoulishcresties for such a small animal they are surprisingly destructive haha
I really enjoy experimenting with different plants and polka dot plants aren’t something I used in my last bio so I’ll be interested to see how they hold up.

3 Likes

Couple of my males have creeping fig along the bottom of their enclosure, it’s taken over lol

One of my geckos absolutely loved his polka dot till he grew to big for it lol

2 Likes

I am really liking the Heart Leaf Philodendron. I used to have one but it did not climb at all, just sprawled out downwards. My Pothos goes insane though, climbs everywhere.

2 Likes

I almost chose a neon pothos since their arial roots from what I’ve seen tend to be hardier. But I liked the look of the philodendron better. It may need a little more assistance to initially start climbing but that’s ok
Do you have a picture of your pothos? I like seeing peoples plants just as much as I like seeing peoples pets lol

4 Likes

I propagate a lot of it for my yard. The climate in Florida is really good for pathos!

4 Likes

The one growing up the tree is unbelievable!!!
It’s amazing what common house plants can become when given peak conditions.
Thanks for sharing!

4 Likes

That one growing up the tree with the huge leaves is 4 years old. The pathos on the ledge is 3 years old. It definitely shows the growth difference.

4 Likes

That’s awesome! I would love to have a trellis I can move outside in the summer and back inside in the winter.
Also please feel free to continue posting updates on them on this thread I’d be happy to see them!

3 Likes

Ok so it took a lot longer than originally thought but the tank is finally done! I couldn’t find the right branch/log for the longest time, and I had to wait for the isopods to reach a good size. But Mercury is finally in his enclosure!

I changed out a ton of plants and added a few including, philo micans, cebu blue, and tradescantia.

4 Likes

I love how it looks!

2 Likes

Thank you! I’m so glad to finally be done with it. Poor Mercury had been in a crappy temporary tank for a while, so hopefully he enjoys his upgrade!

1 Like