New Cages for 2024

Excited to show you all my new cages. I started to add some bark to them, andi have some hides being delivered this week. Spam me with your cage photos for inspiration :sparkling_heart:

P.S. id love to see some acrylic cages as im having difficulty hanging stuff. The suction cups dont work and none of my magnets have worked either :face_exhaling:

8 Likes

Those enclosures are lovely.

I use small branches at an angle and thread things though the vents for up top as I also have issues with the suction cups & magnets

3 Likes

Looking good! I do have a few suggestions though. So first, I would use something other than reptile carpet as it is extremely hard to clean and harbors tons of bacteria. And I would also recommend some more climbing material. And for handling stuff, you can weave string through the vents or even just tie a toothpick onto the end of a piece of string, and turn it so it can’t go back through the vent

4 Likes

Those enclosures are awesome, love the acrylic. Just curious, how big are they and where did you get them? They look like they might work well for things like dart frogs, large arboreal tarantulas, or a colony of mourning geckos, all of which are things I’m interested in keeping, so I’m always on the lookout for cool news enclosure options.

You could secure foliage with a bit of hot glue. The low-temp stuff is usually easy enough to peel off if and when you need to. Threading string or wire through the vents and using that to secure stuff would also work. These horizontal branches also work with all kinds of different enclosures, since they’re just cut to size and sort of wedge into place. Amazon.com

3 Likes

@foxreptile yeah every magnet i have tried and suction cup has fallen. So i starting threading stuff through the vents. I wish they would just stick lol.

2 Likes

@logar yes i got lots of climbing brances and hides now, this was just day 1 of the set up. I wanted tonsee some examples of more cages. I also have pool noodles thr width of the cage all different heights for them to climb on.

1 Like

@jawramik they are from Top Tier Caging. Each individual cage is 18x18x24. They are all connected to eachother and the inside walls come out so you csn make the insides longer if you want 2 csges instead of 3.

2 Likes

I don’t see a lot of self explanatory info on their site. Did you just buy a larger cage and get dividers? What about the doors? I can’t see anything offered like that from their site…

Mind me asking how much it cost?

3 Likes

Looking slick!!!

3 Likes

They also offer custom orders so that is my guess.

3 Likes

So it was custom. They dont offer on the website. A friend of mine that got something similar, I reached out to them with a photo and asked if they could do something close but different. Worked with Matt and he was awesome. If you send him the photo of mine he can modify to your liking. I believe it was a little over $2k

2 Likes

@lumpy thank you!

3 Likes