New Chickens!

I got my new chicks today!! We went planning on getting 5 and ended up coming back with 6 (not a surprise :joy:) Here they are!!

Group photo!

Splash Jersey Giant

Black Houdan. Probably gonna be named Tyrone Rugen after the character in Princess Bride who had an extra finger because she has an extra toe on each foot!

Silkie. She also has an extra toe on each foot!

Olive Egger

Prairie Bluebell Egger

And a Turken! Might be named Drumstick but i’m not decided yet.

12 Likes

Ohh, I should get pics of our prairie Bluebells (I’m not sure if we still have any though) and easter eggers, they look so good as adults! I didn’t know that Jersey Giants were so light, I’ve only seen pics of dark ones. Chickens are so much fun lol.

4 Likes

Oh my gosh, they’re so cute!!! :heart_eyes:

What’s a turken? Is it a cross between a chicken and a turkey, or just a breed of chicken?

5 Likes

Did a quick google, looks like it’s just a breed of chicken also known as the “naked-neck” chicken

4 Likes

Yep it’s a naked neck chicken! Not entirely sure how they came to be but i just fell in love with their adorable little naked necks

4 Likes

Adorable! Making me miss chick season over here :sob:

4 Likes

They have a little heart on there head :black_heart:

And we need some updates!

3 Likes

They have so many more feathers already! I’ll get some more picture of them individually when i get home after school but here’s some from this past week.

3 Likes

Here’s some pictures in the sun!

7 Likes

Ah, they’re coming into that little weirdo stage of chicken growth. They look really funny for a bit, but then they get their adult feathers, and become… well I just majestic wouldn’t exactly be the right word, but it’s what I’m going to use :joy:

3 Likes

I miss having chickens so much!!! This thread is actually making me tear up. :face_holding_back_tears:But I love it! :heart: :heart_eyes: :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

Adorable little fuzz balls!

3 Likes

Only a few days and they already have grown so much

Edit: figured out how to do the pictures thing lol
5 Likes

Aw look at em, they’re cute.

I also noticed that they have some kind of bands on their legs? Might want to keep an eye on that, because those could end up causing more trouble than they’re worth.

3 Likes

Yeah we’re gonna be taking those off soon, just been super busy lately. I’ll go do that now actually before i forget lol

3 Likes

I’m digging the cute little one with the mohawk! I love all of them though, they’re adorable!

3 Likes

I like the little black and white one! His head reminds me of an owl!

3 Likes

Her name is Tyrone! She definitely looks very crazy right now with her feathers coming in lol

3 Likes

And the one with the mohawk is Olive! I’m wondering if she’ll keep a mohawk type look or if it’ll go away with her feathers coming in!

3 Likes