New clutch! Did they prove?

Hi forum friends!

I paired my redstripe yellowbelly het clown with what I believe is a pastel blade het clown. Below is the result of that pairing.

What do you guys see? Thanks!

9 Likes

I don’t know Blade enough to make a positive ID, but I’d say it looks like everything else is probably there.

Post up some individual pics and I’ll give some opinions. I know there’s others here that would be good at making IDs on this clutch too.

5 Likes

Thanks! Once they shed I’ll take some more photos :blush:

4 Likes

I see…some really beautiful snakes! Wish I could help, but I don’t know about the other genes at play. Congratulations though!

3 Likes

Congratulations on such really pretty BP babies! I can’t give you the answers you are looking for but I wanted to chime in! Can’t wait to see what they look like after they shed! :snake::blush:

2 Likes

Such a reduced pattern clown, I would think blade for sure! That pic looks redstripe and probably pastel as well! Couldn’t be sure about yellow belly, but I love that head! Very nice!

3 Likes

stunning clutch ,the reduced pattern clown has the blade look regards Tony

3 Likes

Thanks for the input! I’m really excited with the results. The clown combo will definitely be staying.

Here are the paired adults, for reference. The picture of the male is from around the time I got him, so he’s much bigger now, but looks the same! Really a stunning animal :heart_eyes:

@geordieroyalmorphs @banereptiles

8 Likes

Here are the babies! They’ve all shed and are in natural light in these photos.

11 Likes

Are you sure there’s no Fire complex possibly in this pairing? Would make a lot more sense to me if there could be… Can you get info on the pairings that made the parents?

Otherwise some of these are just really bright examples…

Here’s my best guesses:

1. RS Pastel (Fire??)
  2. RS Pastel YB (Fire??)
  3. Pastel (pos YB)
  4. RS Clown (pos YB) (Fire??)
  5. pos YB
  6. RS (Fire??)
  7. Pastel RS YB

Belly shots could help a lot with confirming YB. Also I know literally nothing about Blade so factor that in. And of course all the non visuals are 66% het Clown

4 Likes

They proved! I am with @crypticoils-pythons though in that some look way more bright then just pastel, yellow belly! The first 2 look too bright just to be pastel, yellow belly to me. Now that clown! That is way too reduced to be clown, redstripe, yellow belly. It has to have blade, almost looks Enchi it’s so reduced! Amazed at the clutch!

3 Likes

@crypticoils-pythons

I am pretty confident on the male lineage (redstripe yellowbelly) but the female I am less sure on, but was sold as a pastel blade. I suppose she could have fire in her.

5 Likes

Agree the dad looks like RS YB. Could be any other black eye lucy morphs too. There’s a ton of them.

I’ve got a clutch coming up where I could end up with some of these same combos. Seeing yours has me really excited for when I can finally cut the eggs (in late July.) I still feel like RS is underrated outside of Clown. Really want to make some RS Cypress and super RS combos in the future.

2 Likes

I think the mom looks like something else in there, too bright and almost the entire head is blushed out for just a pastel. Still that reduced clown has me stumped, I have seen super blades that are very reduced, but the father obviously isn’t blade so that is impossible. I know fire/vanilla along with yellow belly can really disrupt the side pattern, don’t think it would reduce it that much in clown? Also agree with both you and @crypticoils-pythons that the dad morph looks correct.
Love the whole clutch by the way though, very unique look and super cool!

2 Likes

Like I said in my previous comment, they are so pretty! I don’t know hardly anything about Redstripe but I really like it! That clown is insane looking!

2 Likes

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous babies! :+1::blush:

2 Likes

Thanks for the replies everyone! I’m really happy with the clutch and am excited to see how they change over the next few weeks. I definitely have a holdback (maybe 2 :sweat_smile:) in mind.

Here’s an updated photo of the male, for more info.

7 Likes

Oh. Maybe he does have something else… Color is so hard on photos though. But if he’s getting lighter and brighter as he’s growing it’s a sign he might have some Black Eye Lucy morph.

3 Likes

Keeping these beauties. So excited to watch them mature :heart_eyes:

11 Likes

Updated photos of this clutch, minus one in shed. They are all doing fabulously!

7 Likes